recommend a tyre please :)

Takanta

yo folks, im currently thinking of buying a new rear tyre for my fazer, ive took a decent look at it and the middle of the tyres going a bit bald, well to me it is anyway lol.

they are bridgestone BT014s atm but dont want to buy them again because apparently they need replaced every 1500-2000 miles according to reviews and are complete bawz in the cold.

so does anyone recommend any brands? im skint so they cant be too expensive :). and im only replacing the rear , cus the front one looks brand new , will be getting a tread gauge to double check tho.

dont need any of those supersport tyres, sports touring ones will do :)

cheers

I've had a little look around myself, as need a new set of tyres on the bandit when i come to use it. I was after something not tooexpensive, however still had bag loads of grip and lastest a while. I came across the Pirelli Diablo's on blac*circle*.com

The reviews seem great, and they last for a couple of thousand miles, so pretty heavy duty too.

Hope this helps.

What size is the tyre?

Im looking at getting a Maxxis Sports touring tyre next ... decent reviews once ya get past the "I've never tried them but their shite" comments ...

Looking like £75 for a rear for my CBR so that should suit your pocket ya tight arse ....

I had bridgestone BT014s on my first CBR then changed to 'Pilot Road 2' a much better tyre IMO and they last alot longer.

ATM i've got Maxxis on the Fazer they are ok but don't fill me with confidence so will be changing them to Pilot Road 2s

The only downside with Pilot road 2s are that they seem to take quite a while to scrub in.

Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Plus they last a long time so could actually work out cheaper in the long run.

I had them Bridgestones BT014s when I bought my bike and I hated them. I put maxxis Sport Touring a few months ago and they are really good :thumb: I wanted something that would last and not too expensive. And I'm quite surprised how much better than BT014s they are (they are A LOT cheaper...)

Please, oh please, can people stop saying "baws" instead of balls. Its bloody irritating, possibly mainly because Dale started the craze...

What the f**k are you on about?

OP said it Chris.

I was looking at swapping tyres last time. Emailed a few tyre places, one said he refused to stock Maxxis as they were poor value for money. Though as a replacement for my BT045, which is the predecessor to your BT014 I believe, they recommended Avon Roadrider AM26 or continental Go. The continental was the cheapest.

In the end though I stuck with my BT045, they a pretty gripping and my last rear lasted me about 5000 miles and I do like to lean right over in good weather but also do a lot of motorway riding, it's quite impressive. The only time they've let me down is on ice, diesel and a load of gravel, but I don't think any tyre would have done much better.

I don't know how long the front last but it's a very long time.

Edit to add: As with Techno, I'd never get a tyre because it's cheap, even though I'm a student I still make sure I save up to make sure I can get a decent tyre that I know wont let me down.

Edited by Decor58

I've just had bt023's fitted to my bike on friday and the only reason for the choice was the bike shop recommended them. So where does everybody else get there ideas from of whats good

I dont like the word "cheapest" when relating to bike tyres, I like to think you get what you pay for.

Dont know what others think?

I agree you pay for what you get.

And I don't think I've seen that term used often :?

Please, oh please, can people stop saying "baws" instead of balls. Its bloody irritating, possibly mainly because Dale started the craze...

Baws is used all the time up 'ere and as Tako is from "Up 'ere" by default ... hes allowed to to use the word

The word "Bawsack" is often used to refer to someone you know ...

Ya bawsack ...

:up:

Anyhoo ... A Mich 2ct will cost ya about £115 cheapest on the bay of E ...

My SV650S is at the local dealer getting some BT023s fitted tomorrow (can't pick it up until Saturday though :crybaby: ). I mentioned that I commute 60 miles a day and that the rear had flattened off and they recommended the BT023, which agreed with the little net research I had done. We'll see if they're worth raving about - they'll hopefully be much better than the well-worn stock SV Mezelers (sp?) .

Used to have bt014s front n rear,,then 020 on rear, then 016 front n 021 rear. Got pirellis at mo,. Heard good things bout Maxxis, good price too. I buy 2nd hand types when skint in winter, good stuff in summer.