Registration is quick and easy 

Not having much luck finding a car

Nogin

I'm having no luck finding a car...

After consulting the Clan, we figured out what we wanted with in our budget. I then went on line to locate some cars

Car 1) Right model, right price right spec, low milage not far away. (Called the garage to arrange a vieing... they have lost the service book, I called a dealership no record of it on their system other than its PDI... I walked away!)

Car 2) Right model, 10K more miles but right spec, not the colour I wanted but i could live with it. (Sold)

Car 3) Right model, right spec, perfect milage, about £500 more than I want to spend and a good 100 miles from me. (rang the garage a large company spoke with a "Robot" who told me it was locate in T section row 9! I said i was in lincolnshire, he would not confirm if they would even take my car in PX! I told him it was a long way to come to be told no deal, he then tried to sell me fianance over the phone.. I hung up)

Car 4) Not the car the Mrs Wanted but I liked it, right spec, right milage, right year and right price, (rang the garage and I asked the Salesman to check the service History, he called me back to say it had its PDI, first service at 9K then it missed its second service and had its last service at 30K, he phoned a dealership, they checked the system and yes it missed its second service and the warrenty would be invalid... I walked away.)

Why is it they describe the car as having full service history when it clearly is not.

Ok back to the drawing board.

Edited by Nogin

I'm having no luck finding a car...

After consulting the Clan, we figured out what we wanted with in our budget. I then went on line to locate some cars

Car 1) Right model, right price right spec, low milage not far away. (Called the garage to arrange a vieing... they have lost the service book, I called a dealership no record of it on their system other than its PDI... I walked away!)

Car 2) Right model, 10K more miles but right spec, not the colour I wanted but i could live with it. (Sold)

Car 3) Right model, right spec, perfect milage, about £500 more than I want to spend and a good 100 miles from me. (rang the garage a large company spoke with a "Robot" who told me it was locate in T section row 9! I said i was in lincolnshire, he would not confirm if they would even take my car in PX! I told him it was a long way to come to be told no deal, he then tried to sell me fianance over the phone.. I hung up)

Car 3) Not the car the Mrs Wanted but I liked it, right spec, right milage, right year and right price, (rang the garage and I asked the Salesman to check the service History, he called me back to say it had its PDI, first service at 9K then it missed its second service and had its last service at 30K, he phoned a dealership, they checked the system and yes it missed its second service and the warrenty would be invalid... I walked away.)

Why is it they describe the car as having full service history when it clearly is not.

Ok back to the drawing board.

It's because they're liars and they think they can get away with it - these aren't "honest mistakes", they're pretty blatent.

You're doing the right thing - it's no surprise that these places are going bust with that level of shoddiness. And it's always with vehicles, no one seems to retain their ability to be honest where motors are concerned!

Car Number 5) Right spec, good price, not far away, full service history, 19,000 miles on a 57 plate, wrong colour but again I can live with it. (I rang the garage asked him to check why the title says 7 seats but the advert says 5 seats and also check the service history. An yes you guesses it... 19,000 miles one owner and NO service history not even first service and this car should be serviced after 6000 miles than 18K. The salesman said he would give it a service before it goes out. But there is no way I'm buying a car that has no service history, for all I know its never had an oil change, if the owner is that careless to loose the service manual of a 57 plate car then they probably did not look after it!

Even my 11 year old CBR600F has full service history.

ARGGGHHHHH....

Well I was after a 7 seat Diesel, Manual around 56/07/57 plate. I want something with High BHP as we drive in Europe a lot, and I don't want to travel a million miles for it. Nothing with more than 50K on the clock and must have FULL SERVICE History.

Been looking at... Mazda5 Sport, Kia Carens. Both the diesels are 6 speed and about 140php. The kids want one with a DVD player, the Mrs Likes the Mazda as it sliding doors. I like them both as thay are cheap to tax with a decent amount of Power. Mazda first than the Kia,

I'm a tight git and dont want to spend over £7.5K

There are a few about, just got to find the right one.