brakes

Aaron

Following on from my earlier post (thanks for the help so far):

Should it be very hard for me to push the piston back in on my rear brake? I had the caliper off on Saturday and took the pads out and scraped out a load of crap with a screwdriver/toothbrugh. Then a quick wipe out with a damp cloth.

The pistons comes out nicely with a few pumps of the brake (didnt take it all the way out yet - maybe next weekend) and pushing it back in takes both thumbs giving it a good bit of force.

The brake seems to feel better now. It seems to give more feedback and work better, but i think its still binding. It's definitely harder than normal to push the bike and the disc was mega hot again after a ride.

I got some brake cleaner and can give it a proper clean next time. I'm just not sure how hard it should be to push the piston back in.

Thanks.

It will vary greatly depending on the condition of the breaks.

If they're binding it could be quite stiff. Worst case though, place some wood or something over the piston and whack it with a hammer

:hammer: Clarkson Style 8-)

The problem will be crap behind the seals

It forces extra pressure on the piston and it won't retract properly when you release the brake

Piston out seals out a right good clean in the groves where the seal sits and new seals ideally rebuild and bleed back up

The problem will be crap behind the seals

It forces extra pressure on the piston and it won't retract properly when you release the brake

Piston out seals out a right good clean in the groves where the seal sits and new seals ideally rebuild and bleed back up

Ok, thanks. I'll try and do this myself otherwise I'll never learn.