Suzuki Bandit 600/650 Rear shock

wannars125

If it's similar to my old one, turn the pre load adjusteruntil the compression on the spring increases ie the adjuster has more metal under the bit where the cam touches the detent plate. If you can post a piccy that would help? Basically if it becomes harder to turn , the preload is increasing. I have a manual in my garage if you need any more help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cobbz, unfortunately financial restraints prevent an upgrade!

I'm familiar with how to change the settings, it's more what the numbers represent in terms of weight that I was after.

In all fairness, once I get the luggage and I've got the missus on it's probably going to be at the top end anyway.

You need to adjust it so that the SAG is right, ie it drops about 25 to 35mm when you sit on it. If too low it will be too soft and may bottom out on a bump. If too hard it will be a bit lively on bumpy roads. You just have to adjust it and try it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right, I've jsut had a peep in my Haynes for the bandit, and the position / number 1 is the softest and as the numbers increase upto 7 the hardness increases. 3 or 4 are the standard setting. To incease the pre-load, turn the spring seat clockwise. To decrease the pre-load, turn the spring seat anti-clockwise. Rebound damping adjustment is made by turning the adjuster on the bottom of the shock absorber. ON all 600, 650, and gsf1200T/ST to k5/SK5 models there are four positions. Position 1 is the softest setting and 4 the hardest.An audiable clikc is heard when the adjuster is clickeed into place. Do not set the adjuster between two positions. Position 1 and 2 are standard settings, to increase damping turn the adjuster clockwise. And Vice Versa.

Hope this helps.

Bullet5. 8-)

ive never seen in a manual clicks to weight its always soft to hard

you dont set compression and rebound to weight you set sag to weight then control the speed at which the shock bounces with the compression and rebound adjusters till you find that purfect ride :thumb: