Registration is quick and easy 

How long does it take you

Remy

to get togged up for a ride? It seems to take me bloody ages! :roll: . I;m not talking if you just wear jeans and throw a jacket on, but if you are putting on all the gear. There is so much that I almost always forget something and have to go back in the house to get it and/or take off some layers I've already put on. Then have to struggle with doing up all the zips/poppers (of which I appear to have dozens), put on my gloves then take them off because I've realised I can't do up my helmet - and even gloveless I fumble around for ages :x . It's even worse in cold weather with the extra layers :lol:

I just have to give myself an extra half hour to get ready!! :-|

Got it down to a fine art now. From getting downstairs, i can be kitted up and stood in me garage with me smoke and me coffee whilst the bike is warming up, in less than 10 mins.

Full gear takes me a while, esp in winter as i have hoody/ neck warmer etc. (plus im well out of practice) that + my gear is getting tight (or im getting fatter) so making things a little tricky.

Not so bad if i dont wear the leather bottoms (i usually dont tbf unless its a good blast) but on top of the gear can take me a little while to sort bike out, 2 cars in front of the garage doesn't help.

Takes me ages too Gill - like you say, I need so many layers & have a thing about being comfortable too.

I usually get the bike going first cos it takes ages for it to warm up enough to shut the choke off without it stalling, then go back indoors & put my outer layers etc on. :lol:

Summer i'm fine, but winter gear I struggle coz I can't do helmet up with gloves on but can't get gloves on if jacket is already on.

So helmet, gloves, then jacket (which is hard with helmet on) then struggle to do the jacket on coz of the gloves!

God roll on summer! :lol:

Oh thank god for that, I thought this was just me! :roll:

I was hoping it would get better when I got my leathers as I supose it's just like slipping your jeans on. But I look :stupid: when it comes to the Jacket > helmet > gloves. I can't get the gloves on over the jacket which I always struggle with first then realise I can't get my helmet fastened with the gloves on then realise actually, I fiddle with the fecking thing without the gloves! :mrgreen:

Like Dan, I have it down to a fine art. My new Spada pants broke my routine, as the lower leg zips are on the wrong side :S (outside leg), but sorted now. Bout 5 mins to get all gear on inc. helmet. I tend to go outside in pants and boots, start up the bike, then nip back in and put jacket, neckwarmer and lid on. (gotta leave gloves off for locking up the house :))

When you have to do it every day, it soon becomes just like getting dressed in a shirt and trousers. In other words I`m dine and dusted in a few mins. I guess I must be even quicker in summer :D

Ride in draging jeans, so if i know im going out on the bike I put them on when getting dressed, then all of 30 seconds to put my leather jacket on, and another minute or so to sort out helmet, earphones and gloves. Thats the time my bike gets to warm up after moving it out the garage.

With practice it'll get quicker, escpecially if your wearing leather trousers/jacket as it will wear in and become more comfortable :mrgreen:

I have a ritual for getting my kit on:

Trousers

Boots

Neck warmer (winter only)

Jacket

Go outside turn bike on

Balaclava (stops me ear lobes tearing!)

Lid

Right glove

Left glove

For all that probably about 10mins!

Am I weird that it has to be done in that order every single time or else I have to start again?!? :?

4 or 5 minutes.

Trousers off -> leather jeans on : 30 seconds

Boots on (zip-zip-done) : 45 seconds

Earplugs out of the jar and in my ears : 1 minute

Jacket on last to avoid premature sweating. Zip it to the trousers. : 1 minute

Wallet in jacket pocket : 10 seconds

damp jay cloth in a sandwich bag in other pocket : 30 seconds

Pick up helmet (gloves are inside until i'm finished using keys etc) : 10 seconds

Out the door.

Sometimes i'll add a back protector which will add 20 seconds.

I suspect that you're still adding the following additional step -

Touch each pocket in outfit, scratch head, think "is that everything?", feel slightly uncomfortable but crack on anyway : 5 minutes

You'll stop doing that eventually.

Summer: 1 piece, boots, gloves + helmet can be done in about 45 seconds, though typically a minuite, maybe two.

Winter: depends how much pie I've eaten when trying to get textile trousers on lol about 5 mins though.

Not really sure what you lot are twitting about lol