Your worst joke!!!

What's the difference between an Essex girl and a washing machine?

The washing machine won't spit your load at the end...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, husoi said:

What's the difference between an Essex girl and a washing machine?

The washing machine won't spit your load at the end...

I was thinking they are similar since they both leak when fooked...

• Haha 2

Hmm looks a bit like me, but fortunately  container ships are not my thing. Latest is that according to salvage company it may be weeks to clear. Wouldn't like to be the skipper and that's a fact!

7 minutes ago, husoi said:

Makes you wonder if the captain of the Concordia have a new job...

Nope I think he's still in jail where he deserves to be. 

To be fair to the Ever Given they got caught in a sandstorm which in the canal is not uncommon. Box ships have such a massive windage that a strong cross wind has serious effects on them and at slow speeds in narrow channels makes them virtually uncontrollable. Within the industry this has been known about for years and there have been many predictions that it would ultimately end in tears. As usual where vast amounts of money are involved the profits overrode the risks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, husoi said:

They should fit wind turbines on cargo ships then 😂

Believe it or not I was involved in a small research group that was looking at doing just that. The theory worked but the practicality as advised by moi was that it wouldn't.  A 20m long scale model was built and surprise, surprise it was a dismal failure. You wouldn't believe some of the weird and wonderful ideas that get thrown into the pot now and then. 

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Believe it or not I was involved in a small research group that was looking at doing just that. The theory worked but the practicality as advised by moi was that it wouldn't.  A 20m long scale model was built and surprise, surprise it was a dismal failure. You wouldn't believe some of the weird and wonderful ideas that get thrown into the pot now and then. 

It won't work with traditional turbines. 

A design I created years ago would work better as it is more efficient allowing it to be smaller (1/3 of size) for higher power.

Unfortunately Strathclyde uni was never interested in developing a prototype and I don't have the means or the money to register the IP. 🙄

1 minute ago, husoi said:

A design I created years ago would work better as it is more efficient allowing it to be smaller (1/3 of size) for higher power.

Unfortunately Strathclyde uni was never interested in developing a prototype and I don't have the means or the money to register the IP. 🙄

The inventor envisaged turbines with 20 m long blades with a controllable pitch mechanism so they would also provide a degree of thrust as well. The other factor was they'd have to be capable of being lowered so as to enable the vessel to pass beneath bridges and go alongside berths. The base structures would have had to be massive to withstand racking stresses in a seaway and the hydraulics required to operate them would have required a power source probably greater than their output. Then there was the maintenance issue, the potential  failure etc. etc. ad nauseum. Rotary wing sails okay but turbines - nope.

15 minutes ago, husoi said:

Those aren’t the ones that look like giant dildos are they? 

These.

• Haha 1

CAN ADMINS OF THIS GROUP DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING WHO IS ALLOWED IN HERE PLEASE?! WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER, AN ELDERLY MAN. HE'S BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEMBERS, SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HIMSELF IN NASTY POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE UPS OF HIS UNMENTIONABLES. HE IS OFFERING AN IPHONE 8+ IN EXCHANGE FOR SEXUAL FAVORS. I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 6 AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH IT. IT'S SUPER SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON. THANK YOU!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

CAN ADMINS OF THIS GROUP DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING WHO IS ALLOWED IN HERE PLEASE?! WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER, AN ELDERLY MAN. HE'S BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEMBERS, SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HIMSELF IN NASTY POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE UPS OF HIS UNMENTIONABLES. HE IS OFFERING AN IPHONE 8+ IN EXCHANGE FOR SEXUAL FAVORS. I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 6 AND OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH IT. IT'S SUPER SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON. THANK YOU!

Personally I would blame the Mods...

We all know the Admin is a gullable fool. At least at he's not buying Wallets and hanging round in car parks at lunch time and at 1600 @Trace

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 2

Please BE WARNED! Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam whilst out shopping.

Here's how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket. You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on February 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on March 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.

Ps new wallets available at pound shop..

• Haha 7

21 hours ago, onesea said:

Please BE WARNED! Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam whilst out shopping.

Here's how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket. You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on February 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on March 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.

Ps new wallets available at pound shop..

i take it you go back for more on a regular basis 🤣