What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute garbage album mate with only Power Struggle being a good song.

I bought it years ago on the strength of that song, and was very disappointed in the rest.

I am curently listening to Lazarus AD :mrgreen:

There was a programme on last Friday, best of British music at the proms. The one that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand is Holst`s Planet Suite, Jupiter, the bringer of jollity. It is the tune to "I vow to thee my country" Best hymn ever, along with "Jerusalem" of course.

To balance the classical bit in me I also have been listening to Kraftwwerk, Jean Michelle Jar, The Levellers, James, Joni Michelle etc etc. so I`m not a total geek :lol:

It arrived.......Sunna - One Minute Science 8-)

I bought it years ago on the strength of that song, and was very disappointed in the rest.

I liked power struggle and I'm not trading but never got the album. I went to see them back in 2001, Biffy Clyro were the support band lol. Biffy were the support band at every second gig in Glasgow back then and they sucked just as much then as they do now! :roll:

Currently enjoying The Divine Comedy - Casanova :love:

Sunday Times album of the week, fabulous heavy post rock by Russian Circles and I have a ticket for their one UK date on their tour :D

http://www.russiancirclesband.com/img/empros_wtxt.jpg

Just started getting back into listening to music properly again after a few years of not being that bothered. Been out today and bought a Bose docking station. Brilliant bit of kit!

Anyway...

Chase & Status - No more idols

Example - Playing in the shadows

Prodigy - Music for the jilted generation (the narcotics suite is just fantastic)

Noel Gallagher's high flying birds

Tiesto's club life podcast

Matrix Reloaded soundtrack (disk 1 is great and my fave track is Marilyn Mason - This is the new shit)

Florence & The Machine - Both albums

Chaka Khan - Life is a dance - the remix project.

Led Zeppelin - The complete Led Zeppelin

There was a programme on last Friday, best of British music at the proms. The one that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand is Holst`s Planet Suite, Jupiter, the bringer of jollity. It is the tune to "I vow to thee my country" Best hymn ever, along with "Jerusalem" of course.

To balance the classical bit in me I also have been listening to Kraftwwerk, Jean Michelle Jar, The Levellers, James, Joni Michelle etc etc. so I`m not a total geek :lol:

I remember looking through a mates record collection and finding the planet suite. WTF I asked. Put it on he said, Sold, went straight out and bought a copy. Not a bad track on it. Mars is my favourite

I liked power struggle and I'm not trading but never got the album. I went to see them back in 2001, Biffy Clyro were the support band lol. Biffy were the support band at every second gig in Glasgow back then and they sucked just as much then as they do now! :roll:

Currently enjoying The Divine Comedy - Casanova :love:

Loving the album, have another listen, and will be looking for more recent stuff when I've worn this one out.

Currently also listening to Miles Davis Kind of Blue 1959 and Dave Brubeck time out also 1959. Just preordered sinead o connors new album

I really like the album. Saw them live at Surrey students union in ....... 2000? (Oh god, really? :crybaby:)

I got OD as a review single and went and bought the album that week...

and then got the album as a review copy the following week :roll:

Something must have gone wrong in the office though, I ended up with the review copy as well as the one I'd bought. Still got them both I think but haven't had them out in ages, the album's proudly on my ipod.

• 2 weeks later...

What ever my Itunes throws at me!

Gotta love shuffle.. :mrgreen:

Though it does seam to be on a girl power streak atm.. Neglecting the breaking benjamin and green day for the pink and avril lavigne! :shock: