What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Are you saying you hear voices :shock:

I can replay music that I've heard in my head at will . Is that unusual ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Another one that although won't be for everybody's taste, one must recognise how technically good these guys are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A wee story about this song.

"Chuva" (rain) is a song about "saudade" and the "emotionally painful" memories people have when living away from their home.

"Saudade" is broadly translated as nostalgia, however nostalgia is also used in Portuguese language with the same meaning as in English.

The main difference between Saudade and Nostalgia refers to the more profound feeling implied.

Saudade is used when talking about missing home, friends, family, etc.

Note that Portuguese is the only language with a word for this specific feeling while all other countries will use nostalgia as substitute.

Then we have Mariza, one of the best Portuguese living "Fado" singers, in the company of some of the best Fado players. Traditional Fado instruments are, acoustic guitar, a bass acoustic guitar and the very characteristic crisp sound of a Portuguese guitar.

I know that only Portuguese naturals will fully understand why we always get goose bumps every time we listen to this.

I really hope you enjoy it even if you won't understand the lyrics.

Pottering around the house I decided to put on a CD rather than iPod on shuffle. To hand came the Wings over America. I had the vinyl back when it was new. I’d forgotten how much I liked it as a whole. Now, if only they’d included Monkberry Moon Delight on the album. 

We worked it out yesterday. 

6 gigs from end of August to mid October booked.

Can't wait.

A couple of them have one of my favourite bands of all time as one of the support acts.

Real range of venues too.

Piece hall halifax.  Big outdoor shows.

Leeds 02 arena

Leeds warehouse (500 capacity)

Being seriously lacking in gruntle at the moment I've been indulging myself in teenage angst and listening to some Swedish metal - Sabaton and sort of punk - Backyard Babies. Sad really for a man of my advanced years.

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Being seriously lacking in gruntle at the moment I've been indulging myself in teenage angst and listening to some Swedish metal - Sabaton and sort of punk - Backyard Babies. Sad really for a man of my advanced years.

Sounds like Lewis's Cup of tea.

He's into some right strange punk stuff. Drives me nuts at times.

Latest stuff is Nofx. Rancid etc etc.

Don't mind stuff like drop kick Murphys. But some of it is just bizarre 

16 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Sounds like Lewis's Cup of tea.

He's into some right strange punk stuff. Drives me nuts at times.

Latest stuff is Nofx. Rancid etc etc.

Don't mind stuff like drop kick Murphys. But some of it is just bizarre 

The metal stuff I actually quite like. The punk is more along the lines of metaphorically kicking the cat. Play it at volume so my minions know I'm not in the best of moods. About an hour is enough for anyone.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I can't get enough of this at the moment . It's just so intriguing to listen to Charlie Watts doing what he loves rather than the "Work" that he did with the Rolling Stones . 

• Like 1