What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

2 hours ago, Bender said:

I prefer the single vocal versions. 

That was a Radio 2 favourite a couple of years ago.

I’ve only just stumbled on videos of the Bands of HM Royal Marines on YouTube and have been chilling watching them while I had a few hours of enforced relaxation yesterday (don’t ask… it’s a short but not fun tale). Their range of covers is quite interesting.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Working my way through the wealth of unreleased Stones material that is becoming available . And then I found this gem . The most perfect , straight ahead boogie you could ever wish to hear . Ian Stewart on piano and Charlie Watts making it swing . Beautiful riding music . 

Just now, S-Westerly said:

I hope not. My chief is Russian  the last one on board so he's feeling a bit lonely now and a bit defensive.

I thought there were 2 ruskies, did one go awol, are the ukrainians walking round whistling a lot? 

No, the other one signed off today and is flying out from Orkney tomorrow.  He was the one who hated Putin as much as me and wasn't totally joking about trying to stay in thethe UK.  Has a family in St. Petersburg though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bender said:

Never ever could get away with the stones.

Have left five finger death punch on random YouTube selection whilst working through beverages 

What a horrible dirge . 

I have a quite eclectic mix of music on my iPod, so it occasionally surprises me when it plays something I’d forgotten.

Medicine Head were a band (all two of them)  from around Wednesbury. This was reasonably local to me so I got to see them quite often. They were, shall we say, niche… 😂

This is a niche band. CUD. Massive in Yorkshire indie circles early nineties.

That's the lead singer after a recent gig we were at.

His daughters were laughing.  50 year old blokes mobbing him....lol

20211105_225036.jpg

• Like 1

I reckon it's an Asperger's thing but I only like music that I can predict . Which is why I'm drawn to Blues and  Boogie . Once you know what the structure of the song is you are free to absorb the details and the texture of the piece . To quote from Phoenix Nights when they attempted an alternative comedy night ,  " Tell us some jokes that we know ! " 

Edited by fastbob

15 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I reckon it's an Asperger's thing but I only like music that I can predict . Which is why I'm drawn to Blues and  Boogie . Once you know what the structure of the song is you are free to absorb the details and the texture of the piece . To quote from Phoenix Nights when they attempted an alternative comedy night ,  " Tell us some jokes that we know ! " 

I'm going through all the Aspergers tests now!!!! 

Started to get suspicious when 3 different councillors over several years when dealing with my PTSD enquired if I'd ever been tested......😆 

10 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I have a quite eclectic mix of music on my iPod, so it occasionally surprises me when it plays something I’d forgotten.

Medicine Head were a band (all two of them)  from around Wednesbury. This was reasonably local to me so I got to see them quite often. They were, shall we say, niche… 😂

Medicine head not one I'd heard of and localish to me too. CUD, I had a friend from scunny who loved them. 

Lucky to live in a smallish town with I few well known groups, pwei, wondersfuff, neds atomic dustbin and diamond head. Brien Tatler from diamond head along with Robert Plant can regularly be seen drinking and shopping in the town. Roberts son Logan was at my school a few years younger than me, does well with his brewery in London beavertown. 

16 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Medicine head not one I'd heard of and localish to me too. CUD, I had a friend from scunny who loved them. 

Lucky to live in a smallish town with I few well known groups, pwei, wondersfuff, neds atomic dustbin and diamond head. Brien Tatler from diamond head along with Robert Plant can regularly be seen drinking and shopping in the town. Roberts son Logan was at my school a few years younger than me, does well with his brewery in London beavertown. 

Medicine Head we’re around early 1970’s and had a minor hit (got to number 22 with a song called “One and one is one”). 

Another little, possibly related, curiosity on my iPod is a 2003 remix of Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin.