Sidi Vertigo

sparkeh9

Sidi Vertigo boots

Price: around £170

These were more expensive ones than I usually buy, as I seem to ware down cheaper boots quite quickly (soles coming apart etc)

Pros

Very comfy boots

The calf adjustment system is excellent

Replaceable plates (toe sliders etc)

Aesthetically pleasing (imho)

Cons

Incessant squeak unless treated with a squirt of WD40 / silicon etc (this is a well known quirk)

Little in the way of ankle protection

Zip handle broke in around 8 months, this may be due to me being too rough with it.

I'd definitely have another pair, they seem to have lasted more than twice as long as ever other pair of boots I've bought in the past. They survived a SMIDSY with some cosmetic damage, but I'd rather the plastic is grazed than my skin!

• 6 months later...

+1

I picked mine up second hand, cheap. They have survived two crashes and three winters, have been ridden in all weathers. They are a size too big for me which is fine as I wear an extra pair of thick socks (I get very cold feet) and stay toasty warm. I would totally have another pair.

I've been looking at these for a few weeks now and was torn between the Vertigo, the Vertebra & the http://www.dainese.com/uk_en/review/product/list/id/27331/category/3/?gender=2&login=ko&limit=50

If i had £300+ i would definately buy the Dainese, these go with my suit but I can't. So for comfort the Vertigo are an amazing boot and like you say the flex adjustment for larger calfs is ideal.. Still, torn between the Vertigo & the Vertebra..

• 6 months later...