caberg ego

techno

Dedided i wanted a helmet with an inner sun visor so obvious first choice was caberg.

Looked at the flip fronts and the ego and was undecided at first but when pushed by the wife for a decision the ego won out.

It is the comfiest best fitting helmet I have ever had it feels light, as its the helmet i wear for rideouts and long distances I always use ear plugs with it but it seems no worse than any oither for noise.

The helmet has a quick release strap and a sun roof, yep thats what they call it in the description a large portion of the top of the helmet slides back and allows a lot of air to circulate your head and i have to say it works a treat just dont leave kt open in the rain.

The sun visor is easy to flip up and down on the move and isnt too dark, the main visor is pinlock ready and it actually came with the insert.

I paid £137 for it and it imo is superb would buy another if anything happened to this one.

• 9 months later...

Well i have had mine for a week or so now.

Its very comfy, its not noisy and on a hot day the sun roof is really nice.

Come with pinlock as standard. Its a good lid.

• 1 year later...

I've had my ego for few months now and it was great. I wanted a fancy £300 quid helmet but none fitted. Working down from that budget this was the first proper fit.

Great bang for buck. It's not too heavy and full with features. The chimney does help in the summer.

Well, I "tested" mine yesterday and my head is still in one piece. Fell of the bike at 30mph, hit the tarmac with the side of my head and didn't even get a concussion. Now I'll have a second one.

Pros:

- fits my square head

- pinlock included

- built in sun visor

- does it job well

Cons:

- sun visor fogs up easily (probably all of them do)

- can't mount a camera on top (thank God it doesn't or it'd be gone)