Shoei XR1000

JamieK

its and old helmet now as there is a new model but ive had mine 2 years and it was my first helmet so i cant really compare it to any others but its a great helmet, quite light, looks good, love the pinlock visor on it

bad points is it does make a lot of wind noise at like 50mph+ but ear plugs get rid of that and the vent bits on it seem to do nothing at all :P

but a great helmet when i come to getting another one i think i will look at shoei helmets :)

• 6 months later...

I have two of these. I picked up one to replace my 1990's Arai that was my first helmet after I passed my test. I had a HJC before that which was horrible...

Anyway, turns out my GF is the same shape and size head as me so I picked up another one cheap.

Totally agree with the wind noise, but I use headphones and music if going for any longer than an hour at 50mph+. I can cope with it for an hour, without a problem. Otherwise I have no problems. Good lids

• 1 year later...

I have this helmet and I'd say the wind noise isn't that bad above 50mph to be honest I can't say I've noticed it.

It's very comfortable with removable pads so you can wash the sweat out from those long summers day rides. And the D lock strap although a bit awkward to do up with gloves on is very secure and easily adjustable.

Oh and it looks awesome! Mine has a big star on the side with a white outline and black in the middle which is sparkly.