BMW K75S

croup101

my first big bikeand what a first bike, bought it from the fiancee's step dad it had been locked up in a garage for a while when i got it, picked it up from orkney rode it around up there and managed to blow an indicator fuse, just as we were about to board the ferry the tail light went, rode it from gills bay all the way to barrow in furness when the cluch cable snapped, recovered it to the hotel fixed with temp cluch in the morning got it home fitted a proper clutch cable and it has been my workhorse ever since, have done about 10000 - 15000 miles on it so far and it sailed through its mot with advisories for the rear suspension and tyre, not too shabby for a 26 year old bike!

rides like a dream smooth as silk, ok so its not a sports bike and doesnt throw you off the seat with acceleration but its comfy grips the road like glue, feels like it could go another 100,000 miles too.

great bike for tall bikes i can ride it for hours without feeling uncomfortable, panniers fit a decent amount of stuff in but not big enough for a lid, top box the same, pulls like a freight train even when fully loaded complete with tank bag.

on avarage i tend to get at least 205 miles out of a full tank which costs around 20 squid.

weighs quit a bit so not recommended for those who want a light bike to move around in the garage lol.

light works well on night trips (better than my car to be honest) wind proofing is rather good too and handles sided winds quite well.

think thats about it :D

all in all a great bike to ride.

• 3 years later...