Good to see the forum still has a sense of humour :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's over 6 months since I paid in full for one. It will arrive one day I'm sure and then I will add to this thread.......................

Good to see YOU'VE still got a sense of humour about it Derek!!

Jeez, I'd want a lot of 'extras' with that bike (including the interest your money could've earnt elsewhere!) when I eventually got it if I were you!!!! :evil: :lol:

• 10 months later...

I've had emails and telephone calls from Norton telling me that "it" is due to be delivered to my home on Wednesday morning the 25th of July. We'll see if it turns up :lol:

And?

it arrived as promised :shock:

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... =3&t=45180

insurance sorted but DVLA not come through with tax and V5 yet so not taken it on the road. I keep checking their site every few mins lol

Poor show from Norton, not to have sorted out a V5 for you after keeping you waiting that long! :shock:

To be fair to them they did send off the documents as soon as I got my insurance cover to them. Norton like all bike dealerships usually only let the bikes out when the DVLA has registered it, but they are building a fair few bikes lately so I take it they are short on space hence shipping bikes out to customers before registration has cleared.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

2 miles on clock when delivered and 274 miles covered to date.

Lots of mechanical noise from the engine but getting steadily calmer in sound as the engine loosens off. To be expected I guess from a 961cc air cooled,push rod, vertical twin with a dry sump.

The chassis package is excellent, the handling from the frame,Ohlins and gold line Brembo's is superb and far exceeded my expectations.

Engine was tight as hell from the start but is now loosening off and matches the chassis brilliantly (once I could take it up to 4/5000rpm).

Took it for a 75 mile spin last night on my favourite bits of tarmac and was blown away by how good the bike is becoming, a bike with twin rear shocks should not handle this perfectly!! and an eighty odd HP motor shouldn't be able to deliver so many grins........ but it does 8-)

Lots of mechanical noise from the engine but getting steadily calmer in sound as the engine loosens off...

... Engine was tight as hell from the start but is now loosening off...

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on how long before she blows???

Just kidding - great looking bike, glad youre having fun!! :)

• 2 months later...

730 miles on the clock and the bike has been back to them at 500 miles for the 1st service including remapping the engine and adding less restrictive exhausts. It's a whole new bike now! still not taking the revs over 6k but the engine is superb and matches the chassis brilliantly.counter steering with the bars and steering with the feet........ it's a ton of fun to ride through the twisties :lol:

nort.jpg.4eb21eaa10160d195b0a083f7e03416d.jpg

Cracking picture that mate.

How are you finding those bar end mirrors?

Took me a while to get used to mine but as I couldn't see a thing out of the oem's glad now I stuck with it.

Steve

when I first saw them I thought I'd ordered budgie cage mirror's by mistake!

Because of their size you can only see anything out of them if they are fitted perfectly, the first 20 odd miles was done with me fiddling,pushing and pulling trying to find the right 'spot'. Almost gave up on a number of occasions but then out the blue you find the exact spot :) I like them a lot now, very minimalist looking yet still showing enough of whats behind you.

Not saying the Norton vibrates a lot but one of the grub screws shook itself loose and dropped out :lol: mirror dropped out of position but hung in there till I could stop. fitted a new bolt and its all good again.

My mirrors may be a touch larger and are very easy to adjust.

Fold in aswell when not in use.

The problem I found was looking down to the level of the bars instead of the natural viewing level for mirrors.

Like I said,took me a while but all ok now.

Really nice bike you've got there,exclusive to say the least.

• 1 year later...