Hyosung comet GT (250cc)

illvibetip

I have a 2004 GT which I bought second hand.

general

As far as my information has lead me, The Hyosung company build pretty shoddy engines pre 2007 and were prone to breaking. There has also been a problem with the cam chain breaking in older bikes. As far as I know this problem has been rectified.

The stock parts are not of great quality but overall they seem to be quite robust. They are certainly not useful if you want to upgrade. It is possible to upgrade certain parts of this bike however and a trip to the hyosung forum will be helpful on tips for that (aswell as specific maintainence questions).

As the GT is naked, the engine may suffer a little in very cold weather.

The stock fork oil is crap so you may want to change it or else it is too spongey when you break - easily fixed!

clutch can be a little heavy and 'clunks' a lot (more so in first and second)

There seems to be a problem with the fuel gauge breaking and the electrics faulting on korean bikes but otherwise they are pretty stable and can be put through mill.

Ive routinely serviced mine since changing the worn parts after i bought it and have since ridden it the length and bredth of the country in all conditions. Ive only ever had a few faults with the electrics in two years of riding.

The engine has been solid. It always starts. It has very good fuel economy (due to the size of the engine).

The under seat storage is very useful.

The passenger seat may be a little high for some peoples preference.

There is ample space on the bike to fit a storage box and panniers without impeding the passengers comfort.

Stock parts are very cheap.

In my opinion, it has quite a comfortable riding position.

top speed around 100-105 mph.

Cruises quite comfortably at 80 mph or 70 with a passenger.

If you need anymore advice, please P.M. me

safe riding! :cheers: