Lexmoto Vixen HT 125-8

madcatalicat

Not had this bike long just approaching my first service. I bought the bike brand spanking new so i am breaking in the engine, so far this week the weather in Blackpool has been very stormy with extreme high winds. despite all that the sea and other nasty contributors the Vixen behaved admirably not one splutter there were a few dodgey moments when going round a large roundabout when the wind nearly had me scrapeing the footpegs but the bike was very easy to control even under extreme surcomstances and recovered easily.

This bike provides a very comfy ride and has an almost chirpy growl to the exhaust a very happy bike.

Down points: indicator switch slack on centering it almost seems as if the switch could do with an original Honda cm125 switch assembly i may look into doing that at a later date.

the choke, on all my other bikes i have ever owned the choke when you use it on those frosty or just plain cold days makes the engine race a little when the engine warms up a tad, the vixen slows down when the choke is used.

foot pegs just not wide enough i have got used to them but very uneasy feelings when i first got it

the speedo and number thingy (not the revometer ) the readings are in KMH not MPH a wee bit of a git. when the warenty is up i will see about getting a replacement face put on.

fun facts

when just going over the brow of a steep hill a a nice speed you just can't stop yourself shouting in the voice of brian blessed 'Dive my brave Hawkmen '

overall a good runner if a little confusing at first very easy to control and manoover and remember if this is your first cruser or you are considering a cruiser style bike getting on a bike of this style is easyer if the side stand down until you get used to it.

yes i know i can't spell so there. xxxx

• 1 month later...

Update on approach to 1000K service.

developments, skweek on front brake while not using it, the noise gos away when you very very gently apply the break.

the lights on the erm dashboard (what else to call it?) go out unless you tap the light switch.

ok top speed, just taken it for a realy good ride along one of Blackpools faster roads from bispham to fleetwood it has a few 60 limits along the way, it does reach 60 but the vibration is allmost as if the bike is trying to go slightly out of phaze, allthough on the return trip the vibration vanished.

chrome, the chrome on the clutch and break handles is pealing quite badly, the rest of the bike has a few bits of discolouration but not bad

the rubber bit off the kick, its come off, it was wet and cold and the battery was too flat to use the electric start so kick it i did, after three kicks the rubber bit came off, cant seem to get it back on again.

fuel economy, flipping great, its now the 24th of jan 2012 and i last filled up 24th dec 2011 i used this bike every day regaurdless of weather to get to work and back twice a day(morning and night) 6 days a week, it has not let me down, yet.

• 4 weeks later...

just got the bike back from its 1000 km service, i am truly concerned and if you think i am worrying over nothing read on.

the guy who runs Northwest coast customs (the place i bought the bike from) has his young son working there. not usually a problem but after getting it back i have had no end of trouble starting and keeping started, so i went back to the shop and did what i aught to, i also asked what the factory setting was for the carb, the young lad (this is what concernes me) said that they usually just fiddle with it until it starts. I will be using some where else for future services.

i did manage to sort out the starting problem, i cut off the silly chrome look plug cap and put on a NGK

will update at 2000 km service time.

• 2 weeks later...

ok just a quickie update one of the two problems with this bike is the starting and keep it started issue, this can be rectified quite easily by removing or relocating of the side stand cut out switch just about to do that now, for other stories about this bike go to the bike in a box blog.

http://bikeinabox.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... it-on.html

im sure this guy has lost it but it makes an interesting read.

see you at the 2000k mark..

love to all.

:love:

• 1 month later...

The 2000k mark

all behaving wonderfully

a full tank of just 11.4 liters or 2 and a half gallons will get you 221 miles before hitting the reserve

the bike is now 6 months old and i have to say that apart from earlyer problems witch i have ironed out it is behaving like a dream, i have lowered the idol speed and tweeked the mix and there is now a very nice sounding engine

according to some old school biker freinds who incidentley dragged me out of a ditch after i had been thrown out of home when i was 14, they also put me through school and college raised me basicly. the vixen and the CM 125 parts are bolt for bolt interchangeable and the CM 250 engine slots straight in.

tarah till 3000k

• 3 weeks later...

The Lexmoto Vixen is an excellent all round 125cc custom styled motorcycle. Excellent economy and reliability along with cool styling ensures the Vixen is fantastic.

The Lexmoto Vixen is an excellent all round 125cc custom styled motorcycle. Excellent economy and reliability along with cool styling ensures the Vixen is fantastic.

Why are you copying and pasting one liners from dealer adverts and Wiki onto people's reviews? I thought the idea of these reviews was to get owners genuine opinions?

• 3 months later...