Car broken in to

Silverspring

I don't need to notify the insurance if I'm not going to make a claim right? The police attended (they were there before I was) and took a statement, gave me a crime number etc and said I'd need it if I was claiming on my insurance. Since it's only a passenger window and a nicked bag of very little value, and since my excess if like £200 or summit, I don't plan on claiming. Just don't want to have to notify cos you know they'll use any excuse to increase your premiums! :(

Cheers everyone, that's what I thought! Was getting told by a family member that I needed to report any crime and I was saying it was only a crash involving other people or property, but they wouldn't listen :roll: family eh!

Anyway, I got all my stuff back, my mate went looking in the area after I'd left and they had dumped it close by. They must have been so disappointed when they opened the rucksack and found notes on inheritance tax and a packet of Nurofen (there is a reason they are kept together, I assure you!)

Forgot somehow to lock the car overnight a few weeks back. Some oiyk took the radio. I'd been trying for days to get it out cos it was broke. Thought it was welded in. Really clean job, no damage. Quite pleased to see the back of it, got myself a nice old /new one that works from the scrap yard. Needless to say the insurance company will not find out from me. 8-)