My 50cc 2 stroke leaks petrol

Guest Olly

could it be the drain bolt on the carbs? I don't pretend to know what I am talking about but I remember reading about a drain bolt on there, and from my understanding, the carbs are after the tap.

check the pipes are all on correctly and see if you can track the leak because that will be a big help!

Welcome to the forum, nice introduction post! :up:

If he's stood there with petrol pissing out everywhere about to blow himself up.

How would like him to introduce himself.

Hi my name is olly, sorry about the strong smell of fuel, but i have a slight problem that i am about to blow up.

Then someone would ask him his location :D

he would answer.

Then he would be asked to pop into newbies to introduce himself.

and be asked his location again :D

Then told he has posted in 'bike chat' and it it really should be in 'Pitstop'

then asked where he lives :lol:

To then be told that i have no idea about the fuel leak, but someone will be along shortly that will be able to help you.

Oh BTW Olly. Welcome to the forum. pop into newbies to introduce yourself :thumb:

Hi Olly....welcome to the forum.... 8-)

Could probably do with a bit more info on the make and model of the bike to help you more. If it has a carb it could be that the float has stuck......gently tap the float bowl with something that is not likely to cause a spark.... :lol: Blunt end of a screwdriver normally does this OK.

If the fuel is leaking from around the tank it could be corrosion, seals gone in the tap, split in the fuel lines, fuel line fallen off....etc.

So have a look around and see if you can pinpoint where the fuel is coming from....and get back to us.... :wink:

Hi Olly....welcome to the forum.... 8-)

Could probably do with a bit more info on the make and model of the bike to help you more. If it has a carb it could be that the float has stuck......gently tap the float bowl with something that is not likely to cause a spark.... :lol: Blunt end of a screwdriver normally does this OK.

If the fuel is leaking from around the tank it could be corrosion, seals gone in the tap, split in the fuel lines, fuel line fallen off....etc.

So have a look around and see if you can pinpoint where the fuel is coming from....and get back to us.... :wink:

This.

The probability is that the OP means from his overflow pipe under his bike in which case it will be a stuck float / crap in the float bowls - if the above hit it with a blunt object tip doesn't work they need taking apart and the float needle needs to be removed and re-seated after all the crap around it is cleaned out.