rear shock swap

Still won't be ready for the road though I want to pull the clutch out and weld the center to stop the back torque limiter working as its crap :lol:

Won't chew the clutch up doing that then?.......notching the clutch basket?

No its suzuki's own design of a slipper clutch all it does is release pressure on the plates when off the throttle so it slips a bit stopping the rear locking and also makes the clutch lighter for town riding but it also makes the clutch grab out of the blue which is a bit scary

If anything it will reduce wear as you have more controll

Spring is in the air :mrgreen:

Got this today to fit to the bike then I can put it all back together......

...then strip the clutch!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r71/stu_m_photos/IMAG0128.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well bike is all back together :mrgreen:

Removed all the clutch today too and welded it up to take out the back torque limiter and people say it makes the clutch a little heavier that is a understatement I've been for a ride on it today and the clutch it really heavy I think I need to go to the gym :lol:

Sorry no pics of the clutch I could be bothered to take some I was too eager to get out on it :lol:

The rear shock is ace compared to what I had it just soaks up the bumps in the road I can't wait to have a decent ride on it now :-)

Nice one Stu........does your bike have a hydraulic clutch or cable? I saw somewhere a hydraulic upgrade kit for cable operated clutches....think it was an ad in Classic Motorcycle Mechanics..... 8-)

It's a cable on mine you can fit the one off the tlr which is hydraulic not sure if it makes it much lighter though I will have to investigate :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So after fitting this shock to my bike I sent the the bitubo back to the factory and they rebuilt it and sent it back for free!

I have now test rode the bike with the r6 shock and I'm torn between the two!

I don't know whether to fit the bitubo back to the bike or not as effectively its a new shock! These things are over 400 quid to buy now too I paid 360 for mine

IMAG0131.jpg