The future of the Motorbike engine?

XmisterIS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuderi_Engine

I've seen other reports that say it could be up to 36% more efficient than an Otto engine. And as for cars ... if it really is up to 36% more efficient, then for common rail diesels (which are, as I understand it, the most efficient commonly used engines out there at the moment - my car has one), then we are looking at up to 76% efficiency! Imagine what that would do to your fuel bill ...

Scuderi has not shown a working prototype yet to the public.

:lol:

I'll believe it when it gets demoed properly somewhere.

There's a video of the thing running on YouTube - I would imagine that it does have potential if non-disclosure contracts have been signed with the motor industry! Increasingly efficient engines are now big business for them (and good for us too). I just wonder what it would feel like to have regenerative braking on a bike - I would imagine you'd need some sort of pressure-release valve make sure the back wheel didn't lock up!

Can't really say much but was involved over the summer with some market research on electric bikes. It looks like the major manufacturers are looking into this very seriously and have already created prototypes one of which I had a go on comparable to a 650 twin. IMO it wasn't bad but the sound was horrendous. Still in the early stages but I don't think it's far off now. I'm sure we can wave goodbye to petrol engines within a lot of our lifetimes...

Nice to see more engine designes comming out still, altho from looking at it i cant see it producing more power than a normal engin as instead of a inline 4 you will have 2 firing pistons instead of 4. So while the 2 will be more efficient i dout it will be twice as efficient. I can see it being more use full ware economy is a higher priority properly in a car (maybe a buss if the torque is as high as they say).

There's a video of the thing running on YouTube !

There's videos of fusion reactors 'running' on youtube also, do they exist?.

Forgive me for being the sceptic, but there's been many so called replacements for the normal combustion engine over the years that have failed to materialise.

The Scuderi was being talked about when I was at college doing motor vehicle engineering, back in the mid 1990s. So if they still haven't demoed a working prototype,

then I wouldn't be holding my breath for one.

There's a video of the thing running on YouTube !

There's videos of fusion reactors 'running' on youtube also, do they exist?.

Forgive me for being the sceptic, but there's been many so called replacements for the normal combustion engine over the years that have failed to materialise.

The Scuderi was being talked about when I was at college doing motor vehicle engineering, back in the mid 1990s. So if they still haven't demoed a working prototype,

then I wouldn't be holding my breath for one.

I'm with you on this. If its that efficient and revolutionary (excuse the pun) they why aren't the major car manufacturers, like Toyota, Ford and GM developing it? The Wankle engine is another design which all but one manufacturer have declined to use, because in comparison to the normal 4 stroke engine design it isn't as efficient. In both economy of movement and fuel economy. It also doesn't produce a usable torque figure in relation to its power output.