Ebay annoyance!

NearOn

Well I think I have finally had it with ebay, basically I sold a PS3 game on there, sent it and gained proof of postage as I always do. For whatever reason, whether the buyer is lying or it was stolen/lost in the post, the buyer said it never arrived. Buyer was very nice throughout and as this is the first time this has happened to me in 9 years of ebaying I thought ebay would see both sides of the story. How wrong was I, the case was escalated to customer service as I did not see why I should have to refund the buyer, I thought that is what paypal protection was all about.

Well all I get is an email from ebay stating they have reimbursed the buyer and now I "have" to reimburse them or face restrictions. I thought this was extremely bad customer service as they did not even ask to see my proof of postage, just said because I did not provide tracking information, I am in the wrong. Don't think they know the only service that is tracked the whole way is special delivery and the buyer did not pay for this.

So it seems ebay now offer no protection for sellers in terms of feedback or lost items. I know it isn't a lot of money but it is the principle, they must be losing so many members because of this. Me too I imagine as Ill make it as difficult as possible to get it out of me for the way they have acted.

NearOn

Pretty much the same happened to my wife. She had even recieved an email from the buyer stating that her postman reguarly doorsteps her parcels and the usually get knicked. Paypal still found against the wife.

Paypal now phone her a couple of times a week asking for her to pay them £65 that they returned to the buyer. As yet she still has'nt paid and so has been removed from ebay untill she settles her account.

Chris

Add me to the list of 'Its happened to me as well'

Guy brought a game and paid via paypal.

I sent the game to the address provided by the paypal account.

Get an email a week later. Asking if i could sent the game to the guys new address as he hasn't updated his address on paypal since he left uni. To late i'd already sent it. Proof of postage didn't even matter

Paypal reimbursed him and charged me. WTF

So if I don't pay eBay back, will they go down the charge interest route and pass onto an agency to collect on their behalf? Luckily I had no card or bank on file with PayPal and no reimbursement method on eBay set up so they could not automatically take it.

I wonder if there is a legal recourse in this instance? I would suggest that EBay may be acting unlawfully - i.e. refusing to recognise a proof of postage that would otherwise be recognised in the highest court in the land ...

I'd suggest setting up a Facebook page for people who've had similar experiences in that specific regard and when you get enough people together, everyone chip in a few pounds for a lawyer. If you get enough people (i.e. several hundred), it wouldn't cost each of you more than a couple of pounds each - indeed, someone may take up the legal batton out of principle and at no cost.

Strength in numbers and all that ...

if you have proof of postage and it didn't get delivered you can claim compensation from Royal Mail upto £27 I think.....

That is a good thing, and I will look into it cheers. Just doesn't justify ebay's actions though.

Anything I sell over £10 on eBay goes either recorded delivery or special delivery.

I also hate the way as a seller you cannot give negative feedback.

You can always try ebid. However as a seller eBay is still the best.

Just come to think of it,its only the buyer who's permitted to leave neg feedback,where's the justice in that? Seller's protection is really the thing of the past,not only they won't listen(paypal,evilbay) they actually join forces to screw the seller

I almost had a similar issue with a ps3 I sold for 120 quid inc p+p. I sent it in a working order via dhl. It arrived and everything but the guy said it was broken which it wasn't before I sent it. He filled a claim and I was almost out of pocket and without a ps3. Luckily he withdrew the claim. He could of so easily got a free ps3.

He withdrew it when I asked him to return it, funny that

I think i've been lucky to date. But i recently sold a few bits and was really surpirsed at how much the fees have creeped up too. especially with paypal as well.

i dont remember it being quite so expensive :shock:

I have been lucky with eBay, but I don't sell as much as I use to. There is little or no security for sellers. As a seller you cannot give negative feed back, eBay/paypal always side with the buyer.

eBay use to be about selling your crap now it's all about eBay shops etc, there are not so many auctions.