The Valentine's Day thread

Nogin

Well, I've been married 12 years so the wife and I decided not to waste money on cards, flowers etc..

We each got the kids to makes each other cards, which was fun and tonight we'll push the boat out and have a Kebab! :lol: :cheers:

Can life get any better? LOL

We normally agree not to buy each other cards etc but I picked a cheap one up yesterday morning and put it in th eglove box in her car so she had to stop on the way home from work and get me one, god knows why :D

When I got home from work valentines day wasnt even mentioned!

We had a kid free house.... M&S Valentines meal for 2 including chocs and a bottle of wine... and subsequently fell asleep on the sofa lol... was lovely! :love:

..and they say romance is dead.

I'm glad for valentine's day, I just don't know how to show affection for the other 364 days of the year :roll: (365 this year 'coz I know some smartarse is going to say something :up: )

I stopped at the shop on the way home and the Mrs and I sat on the sofa and watched Body of Proof with a couple of beers/ciders (delete to taste) and a bag of Doritos 'n' dip. :) Works for us

booked a meal at a fancy restaurant, bought a huge bouquet of flowers and delivered them to the restaurant at lunchtime. went to restaurant at 9pm, had a fab meal then waitress brought flowers over to table. wife cries, all other women stare at their fella saying why didn't you do that for me. fellas all glaring at me breathing naughty words to me.

and I've been married 25 years next month. :love:

I've always believed valentine's is a load of rubbish and you shouldn't require one day to show affection. This is my first time not being single on valentine's day (Go me!! :lol: ) but I've stuck to my guns on my belief.

That said the gf thought it would be nice since it's our first. Coincidently we had been together 6 months on the 12th so I thought it much nicer and special to celebrate that. We spent the whole day just relaxing together, watch films, giving massage, made a cheesecake and went out for dinner. It was brilliant :D

If the Valentine's day was in summer I would have offered to pose for some saucy pictures taken on the bike with my new outfit (*wink**wink*), but i thought the garage was too cold for that :mrgreen:

Instead had a really nice sparkling wine and home made victoria sponge. It was cosy and romantic; like any other day of the year. Cards? Oh yeah, we both got cards to each other. And I got lovely deep red roses delivered. Difficult to dodge off the eye-balling women in the office though. Jesus! What's the matter with them, is it the global warming or just jealousy-by-nature?