Back of Bike L plate Issue!

Karimura

Most people have a problem with the front L plate, but mine is fine and is held with cable ties.

My back however has gone through 3 stiff plates, all snapped from just being retarded. It is currently held by one screw under the Lisence plate, Should I Move it to connect with the lisence plate with 2 holes for more sturdyness?

I kinda need to do it tonight for tommorows commute other wise i gotta get the bloody bus > . <..

Are flopy sticky L plates better? but where can I put em o.o

Dunno what fixings you've got, but mine is held on by 2 bolt that go through reg plate & then through Rigid L plate with the nut behind.

Mine's made out of stuff like corrugated plastic, not thin flat plastic like the one at the front - it's much more sturdy than the front one. I've never had a problem with it.

I can't see that there would be anywhere to put a self-adhesive one.

Dunno what fixings you've got, but mine is held on by 2 bolt that go through reg plate & then through Rigid L plate with the nut behind.

Mine's made out of stuff like corrugated plastic, not thin flat plastic like the one at the front - it's much more sturdy than the front one. I've never had a problem with it.

I can't see that there would be anywhere to put a self-adhesive one.

I just got a fixing under neath for 1 hole and the bolt goes behind it to keep in place, at the weekend I'll put it through Reg plate and then through back, What is courrageted plastic? as probably get them for the back of the bike,

I've got a stiff one ;) Two bolts through the bottom of the number plate and then the top of the L plate. I did rip one after catching the corner over a low fence (walked the bike back to turn round n didnt realise I'd went back so far), but the replacement's been fine

Two bolts through the bottom of the number plate and then the top of the L plate.

+1

Dont get a floppy one, you can be pulled for it (yes we were talking about stiff ones, and then floppy ones, and then getting pulled... CLEAN OUT YOUR MIND!) because it can flap around whilst riding in a way that you cant see it, or it can catch on the wheel and wear away. Get a stiff one and attach it as has been said above.

I cut down a flat bit of sheet metal to the size of my reg plate, but cut long enough to stick a flimsy magnetic L plate on, used the two holes from the reg as a guideto drill the metal, bolted through the metal, reg and fixed to the mounting bracket. Never broke and lasted till I sold the bike.

I cut down a flat bit of sheet metal to the size of my reg plate, but cut long enough to stick a flimsy magnetic L plate on, used the two holes from the reg as a guideto drill the metal, bolted through the metal, reg and fixed to the mounting bracket. Never broke and lasted till I sold the bike.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

What i did... I had a cruiser. I removed the rear sear which was bolted to the rear mudguard. Was seperate to the main seat. I then got two aluminium bits of metal. bent them to make an L shape. Driled a hole on the verticalbit and one on the horizontal bit. Screwed the seat back on with the screw going through the horizontal bits like washers.. then screwed a stiff L plate to the vertical bits...

Really hard to explain... heres a pic of my old bike

I did usually have the rear seat on. But I was making a back rest out of it at that time haha

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e264/Mikeamd1990/DSC_0042.jpg

How did you manage to snap 3 plates??!! :shock:

I just bought the bog standard L-plates from Halfords, for the back one I cut out a mount from the base of a broken old paint roller tray, araldyted the plate to it, made a couple of mounting holes with the point of a knife, bolted it onto the bottom of the numberplate, job done! It was good like that for two years and still good when I sold the bike to the next learner!

ok ive been riding for years allthough not leagle went leagle and had a simular issue with l plates i solved the prob by getting an old roller paint tray and cut the size of the plate from the flat bit of the tray drilled holes and bingo one heck of a solid l plate, sorry bout the spellin my cat is sat on keyboard