Bus driver jailed for deliberately hitting a cyclist

iiisecondcreep

none of them deserve a broken leg for being annoying, provocative or generally a**eholes :booty:

No one said he deserved it but I will put my wages on that he was been more then annoying!

The cyclist should have at least been done for obstructing a public service vehicle as well as road rage

none of them deserve a broken leg for being annoying, provocative or generally a**eholes :booty:

No one said he deserved it but I will put my wages on that he was been more then annoying!

The cyclist should have at least been done for obstructing a public service vehicle as well as road rage

Fair enough, but my point was more that quite a few people seem to think the guy didn't deserve a prison sentence for attacking a man with a bus. As I've said, no amount of provocation should warrant a broken leg, it's the same as a stabbing or a shooting in my opinion.

Fair enough, but my point was more that quite a few people seem to think the guy didn't deserve a prison sentence for attacking a man with a bus. As I've said, no amount of provocation should warrant a broken leg, it's the same as a stabbing or a shooting in my opinion.

personally I don't think he deserved a prison sentence either

he has lost his job, ministry of transport would have taken his PCV licence off him straight away so wont be allowed to drive a PCV vehicle again a lengthy time doing community service would have been a better option in my opinion get him paintinf cycle lanes for a few weeks :lol:

yes he could have killed the guy but he didn't but then what could the cyclist do to defuse the situation rather then make it worse he could have easily not had words with the drive just because he passed him a little close he could have not rode directly in front of the bus he could have not swerved to the right as the bus tried to pass him

they are both to blame and both should be punished

cyclists are the worst road users of all

cyclists are the worst road users of all

That's bit of a generalised opinion. I suppose they would be closely followed by car drivers with motorcyclists being the cream of British driving talent..?

So when I'm riding my push bike to work, stealing precious air, keeping fit, saving the NHS millions by not becoming a fat mess and using the roads that I haven't paid to use I am suddenly the worst road user out there. Then when I get in my car I am equally as incompetent, blind, inconsiderate to bikers and rolling with the rat race constantly infuriated by you bikers that sail past me when I'm sitting in traffic. But wait, I'm now riding a motorbike and suddenly I have become super skilled at all things related to being a road user. I don't do anything wrong, my riding is perfect and every other road user should bow to my awesomeness and get the f**k out of my way!

I don't do anything wrong,

dont be silly everyone makes mistakes regardless of what you ride or drive and we all know that

I know, I was generalising ;-) and being sarcastic.. :-P

Can't we all just get along? :angel:

As someone who uses Bristol roads on a regular basis and have been doing so for the past 30+ years. Driving motorcycles, cars, vans and trucks. I can tell you that it is the worst place I have driven in with regard to cyclists (yes I have driven in London in all but cars).

Bristol has one of the largest cycle lane and seperate cycleway networks in UK, it also seems to have the worst cyclist attitude I know of. I quote a cyclist at my workplace when asked why he doesn't use the cyclepath on his route to work, "I do when I get to the lights so I can get through them on red, other than that their bumpy and my bike might get damaged"

Millions of pounds spent so he can get round red lights, glad I no longer pay taxes to Bristol, so they can pander to tree huggers.

None of this addresses the fact that he obstructed the free passage along a public highway which is also an offence. Try parking your motorcycle across a road to remonstrate with a driver who has cut you up and see what happens. Of course if you get a broken leg it's ok.

At no point would nor have I condoned the bus drivers action, but the cyclist was not entirely blameless.