Shineray Xy 125 Battery Charging Problem

Guest Nige_94

Hi, There i seem to of encountered a a problem with my Shineray 125gy, the battery seems to be charged from a 4volt battery charger but once started it dosent charge the engine as it should and therefore allowing the bike only to run off the power from the battery and to my knowledge i think the bike a dynamo/magneto and don't know exactly what it looks like cause i believe that this is problem i replaced the stock battery and changed it to a Yuma 12volt 4 amp battery which has better battery terminals and if any of you guys could give me some advice on what i need to do or what i should do or if anything needs replacing and if anything does need replacing then what.

Thanks Nige 94

Edited by Anonymous

Welcome to the forum Nige...... 8-)

Go over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the rest of the guys when you get a mo.... :wink:

I've gotta say I've never encountered a 4v battery before....they are normally increments of 1.5v. Each cell is 1.5v....so a battery with only 1 cell will be 1.5v....2 cells would be 3v....so if it has 3 cells (or compartments) on the battery it may be 4.5v. But I'd be more inclined to think that it's a 6v battery or even a 12v one.

If the battery is not charging when the engine is running (check with a voltmeter) it could be the Regulator/rectifier or possibly the alternator....but I really don't know this bike....so don't take this as gospel..... :)

Sorry guys my mistake i got confused with what amp it is the battery currently in the bike now is 12 volt battery and 4 amp and where would i find the regulator to in the bike and what would i be checking the regulator for like a loose connection or seeing whether its damaged or no.

Thanks for the advice tho guys

Sorry guys my mistake i got confused with what amp it is the battery currently in the bike now is 12 volt battery and 4 amp and where would i find the regulator to in the bike and what would i be checking the regulator for like a loose connection or seeing whether its damaged or no.

Thanks for the advice tho guys

Try owning a Falco. In a garage with no power.... :roll:

Unlucky mate, just need to sort this problem out having an automotive technician look at it on monday just wanted to see if i could get any more answers about this problem to give information to the technician on monday