Lidl Helmet

if you need a new lid pop to your local heine gericke they have some right bargains at this time of the year and for a little more then £40 you will get a good lid and the staff there will make sure if fits properly as fit is the most important part :wink:

all im going to say is

its your life if you want to trust it in a lid from lidl then go for it!

Tbh I would trust it. We have pretty strict regulations here I believe and there is no way they would sell any helmets that don't meet those regs!

if you need a new lid pop to your local heine gericke they have some right bargains at this time of the year and for a little more then £40 you will get a good lid and the staff there will make sure if fits properly as fit is the most important part :wink:

that's a 360km round trip for me, I have only 1 very small outlet , may put it off until holiday time and pop into Edinburgh just would have liked one to go down in

tbh, I think they'll be fine. Check for a little sticker to make sure its all legit but i'm sure it will be.

Mind you, it means it will be sufficient in an accident but it might not be too great for comfort and stuff. might have a cheap visor, but aslong as you care for it, it'll be all good.

I used lidl fireworks and i didn't blow my hand off, so im guessing they do stick to regulations. They were pretty crap quality though. To be expected.

It actually has better ratings than some much better brands. It is a V Can model.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/v-can-v210b

I had a V can open face helmet. It felt like I was putting on a stale pumpkin. They are however....very cheap.

You can take heart that if you do have a big off, you will either think you have spent your money well at the end of it, or you wont know a lot about it.

It actually has better ratings than some much better brands. It is a V Can model.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/v-can-v210b

Wow that's an awesome website. Definitely be using that when I come to getting a new helmet

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/nitro-aikido

Cheap and really strong

there's no way i'd wear a helmet from Lidl.

Why's that??? :?

Not having a go, just curious!

Personal choice. Don't think i'll wear anything other than an Arai.

Reasons behind that are down to what i've researched, and what other riders have told me.

Plus the fit of an Arai is perfect (for me they are anyway).

Yeah...the lid will have to meet certain safety requirements. But fit is more important than anything else.....so you've got to try it on for fit.

I used the Sharp ratings to get ideas on lids when I was looking last time.....there are some really good rated lids in the 4* & 5* groups that are not expensive.

The ideal would be at one of the big bike shows....where you can get a huge range of lids all in one place and often get deals on them too.....and you can try plenty of them on to find the best fit.... 8-)

Guest philgale

I wouldnt wear one from lidl, its not the fact the helmet may or may not be upto standard the fact is its a shop like asda people go in and bang there trolly into everything, kids grab hold of stuff and play with it and probably drop it then its put back on a shelf for you to buy.

the thing i will be buying is some seat covers for my car when I'm photographing to keep it clean as there only £2.99

plus the under suit get a good write up if anyone is after one.