Hugger

Guest tommiehonda

Hey guys,

The hugger on my CBR600F seems to just be 'there'. It would appear it is held in place by cable ties, the problem is, it now sits against my rear tyre.

I've tried moving the ties but no luck?!?!

It's driving me mad and destroying the hugger!

Any input or help would be huuugely appreciated!

Hey guys,

The hugger on my CBR600F seems to just be 'there'. It would appear it is held in place by cable ties, the problem is, it now sits against my rear tyre.

I've tried moving the ties but no luck?!?!

It's driving me mad and destroying the hugger!

Any input or help would be huuugely appreciated!

I would imagine it's destroying the tyre too ...

huggers should be held on with nice study hex bolts, not cable ties!!! Can you imagine if the ties snapped and it ended up wrapping itself round the back wheel? :shock:

Even if it's not the right hugger for your bike, surely you can trim it as required, then be inventive with an electric drill and a bag of hex bolts from halfords and secure it to the bike better!

I'll chuck some photos up tomorrow.

We checked the chain guard, no fixing points so yeah, we assume not meant to be there. And now I am freaking about it wrapping around the tyre!

Well, i'll grab the damn thing off tomorrow and see what i can do with plastics. Unfortunately, it's already worn a pretty impressive hole into it, so needs replacing soon :x

:stupid:

What the previous owner did screams out "bodge" to me ... Bodging is often fine for DIY jobs, but the words "bodge" and "motorbike" are likely to result in the words "death or serious injury". I only ever fit the correct parts to my motorbike!!