Need to iron out some creases - test advice?

So, I'm pretty confident about my test on the 15th of this month. I've never had lessons before, but I've been riding for 2 years nearly and I've YouTube'd, Google'd and Forum'd the hell out of every possible question.

I'll be having 2 or 3 lessons before the big day.

I just have a couple of questions though:

When I'm asked to pull in for whatever reason, when planning to pull out - should I indicated to the right?

On a roundabout, can I get away with going a bit slower? The Roundabout on the test route is notorious for people failing both car and motorbike tests for whatever reason - it's a very small roundabout with many exits.

Is there such thing as doing too many lifesavers?

Thanks people!

When I'm asked to pull in for whatever reason, when planning to pull out - should I indicated to the right?

Depending on which way you are going, if your coming off the next turning i.e. Left then you will indicate left, straight on no indication till you approach the turning and then you will indicate left. If you're turning right then you'll be in the right hand lane so yes indicate right, then indicate left as you approach the turning.

On a roundabout, can I get away with going a bit slower? The Roundabout on the test route is notorious for people failing both car and motorbike tests for whatever reason - it's a very small roundabout with many exits.

It's down to the conditions on the day, thats weather and road conditions as well as the volumne of traffic. If you go to setoff to slowly you might not set off at all and annoy the drivers behind you, which inturn will add pressure to do something you shouldn't do. Its all down to common sense and your gut feeling on the day.

If you know what time the test is, have a ride over on the same day/time and have a look at the traffic.

Is there such thing as doing too many lifesavers?

Thanks people!

Never enough, however it's again common sense, don't spend your test looking over your shoulders but make sure you look often enough to secure the deal. Make sure your mirrors are spot on so you're not moving your elbows just to look behind you.

Good luck.

BB

I just have a couple of questions though:

When you are asked to pull over check it is safe to do so, then indicate then maneuver.

Same when you are moving out again, do not indicate until you have checked that the road is clear and it is safe to go.

(although the road is clear the examiner still counts therefore you need to indicate).

When I'm asked to pull in for whatever reason, when planning to pull out - should I indicated to the right? Yes, but don't forget to cancel it.

On a roundabout, can I get away with going a bit slower? The Roundabout on the test route is notorious for people failing both car and motorbike tests for whatever reason - it's a very small roundabout with many exits. As long as you are making good progress then yes. If you are going so slowly that you are holding up traffic or riding unsafely you could get minors or fail.

Is there such thing as doing too many lifesavers? Not really, just as long as you aren't constantly looking over you shoulder. As a general rule, lifesaver every time you want to make a manouver and periodically as you ride along a straight road. Don't forget to lifesaver as you pull away from lights/junctions.

:cheers:

pulling out yes you do indicate right. if you don't pull out for what ever reason put your left hand indicator on. I did that on my test. checked the mirror, saw a lorry in the distance but put my indicator on, did a life saver and realised it going faster than I thought so I put my left indicator on to show I am staying put and didn't get marked down for it

roundabouts I always slow down for unless there is no other road users around just in case someone is indicating the wrong way