TMBF Rally 2012 13/14th July chat thread

Stu

[quote name="loneseal

Thanks everyone for the replies and tc for the pm' date=' didn't know I had to buy drinks for the admin & mods all night and clean their bikes on the sunday, could of been embarrassing! :oops:[/quote]

Don't forget to bring a selection of spares for your bike, alan (mega) will want to take it apart if he has not yet 'done it' to yours.

Also, a sick bag (for a certain young lady so as she can keep her tent clean); a leash (to keep Roy at bay); throat lozenges (for the karioke); a puck (to stop your bike kissing the gravel); earplugs (to drown out the snoring); a camera (otherwise no-one will believe you) and a bottle of 'real ale' ('cause I like real ale!).

:cheers:

Fairly interested in attending, just need to book the time off work, buy a tent, sort some way of carrying stuff on the bike - saw somebody was on a gilera last year, maybe they or someone else can advise of panniers/racks or something? - and pluck up the courage to ride 90+ miles after just a couple months riding a bike (or using any form of motorised transport!). Is a satnav worth getting or should I just get a tank bag with a map pocket?

if you have an iphone or android smartphone you can use googlemaps, buy a waterproof holder off ebay for a tenner and voila!

not sure about carrying things yet, will have to get creative with the bungee straps :)

Is a satnav worth getting or should I just get a tank bag with a map pocket?

Because its quite difficult to actually find the pub in the mess of villages and twisty roads surrounding it, i advise sat nav. Don't ask me how i know :lol:

You will regret it if you don't come along!

:whip:

Would say I'd definitely be there, just a lot to get sorted. Haven't got any kit, so that's a fair bit of outlay, my bike doesn't have a rack, and you can't seem to get one for it so I'd have to get creative with bungees.

The gear is something I will need anyway, so I will most likely be ordering that, then doing a couple of practise runs locally, and if they work out I will get a satnav and be a definite for attending, providing there is still space!

Is a satnav worth getting or should I just get a tank bag with a map pocket?

Because its quite difficult to actually find the pub in the mess of villages and twisty roads surrounding it, i advise sat nav. Don't ask me how i know :lol:

ask ingah even with sat nav you need to know the address of where you are going or you tend to ride round and round in ever decreasing circles untill you find it

Stu and Tracey

Susieque and Rennie

Techno and significant other

TC

Yorbandit

mojobanana

Littlecat

Donnie Brasco

nman1

Rebel Rach

UK190

Suzilew

BonnieBird

Tango

Takanta

eastanglianbiker

Augustburnsred

greendawg

Remy

Ratser ?

Revs ?

Decor58 + 1 (probably)

Bex (provisionally)

GarethNW

Legatron (provisionally)

Devans

Loneseal

GOG

iWannaGoFast

Terryr555

Gin

Guy

Ingah.

Jixerman +1

Stu and Tracey

Susieque and Rennie

Techno and significant other

TC

Yorbandit

mojobanana

Littlecat

Donnie Brasco

nman1

Rebel Rach

UK190

Suzilew

BonnieBird

Tango

Takanta

eastanglianbiker

Augustburnsred

greendawg

Remy

Ratser ?

Revs ?

Decor58 + 1 (probably)

Bex (provisionally)

GarethNW

Legatron (provisionally)

Devans

Loneseal

GOG

iWannaGoFast

Terryr555

Gin

Guy

Ingah.

Jixerman +1

Boothy

My name got removed somewhere along the line somehow... please can somebody add it back on.

Cheers.

Coulda done it yerself :up: :roll:

The list ain't supposed to be on here anymore :up: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43578

EDIT: It was Tango that miscopied my name :(

Ahhh

Bugger

That list is locked :(

The list ain't supposed to be on here anymore :up: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43578

EDIT: It was Tango that miscopied my name :(

Sorry Boothy....nothing personal you know...... :wink: