Joining the crew lol!

Hey people :) keeping it simples lol

Turning 20 soon.. Never honestly been a fan of bikes until recently I've grown a mad love for them!!

Not fussed about money... I want to pass the quickest way possible! Simple as that!

If I have to sit on a 125 for a while, so be it lol!

Tips on where to start!

The best,quickest way to pass!!! Lol

Thanks

depending on your age:

16 - you can ride around on a 50cc bike or scooter displaying L plates for up to two years before you have to resit the cbt - you only really need the theory if you intend on going for your test. CBT lasts for two years, it must be re-sat if it expires.

17 - 21 years old can ride a 125cc bike or 'ped with L plates, same rules as above, you must have your CBT, and you cannot ride anything over a 125 while on L plates. You can then pass your tests on a 125cc bike Mod 1 (off road stuff like u turns and figure 8's and other things) and Mod 2 which is the on road test. You then have two options - be limited to the 125 for two years, this time without L plates, or do as many do, and buy a bigger bike and get the power restricted down to 33bhp again for two years. Once the two years is up, you can remove the power restrictors and then ride any bike that you want. Note the Mod 1 certificate lasts for as long as your theory takes to expire, so leave yourself enough room, to get the tests in, and not two days before otherwise you'll have to redo your theory and mod 1 again.

21 years plus- you can do the 'restricted route' as above, but many do as I did - you do the tests on a 500 or 600cc bike and there's no restriction on power output, known as the Direct Access. You can only do this under approved instruction. You could, with the smaller bike option, teach yourself to pass the tests. Be aware that if you do the big bike option, you must sit both tests on the same capacity bike. You can't mix and match.

Hope that helps

So basically I should just do theory and cbt... Get 125 bike have the l plates on.. So then I have 2 years to do the mod 1 if I've understood correctly? Or else I've to redo the whole lot again in other words

You don't have to do take the theory test if you just want to ride a 125, just a CBT. Theory test and CBT last two years and need to be re-done if that time lapses. If you pass mod 2 within the two years then you don't have to do anything else.

1. CBT

2. Theory

3. Lessons

4. Mod 1 test

5. Mod 2 test

6. Ride... :mrgreen:

The quickest way to pass would be a 1 week intensive course, starting with the CBT and working your way up to the final test.

A lot of bike schools offer intensive courses so yes, you can do it in a week if you want to and ride without L-Plates on a bike up to 33bhp. If you only want to ride a 125cc on L-Plates then you only need a CBT which is a single day but you can't take pillions and you can't go on motorways on L-plates.

It all depends on the sort of riding you want to do. If you only want to ride a 125cc locally then you could save the training course money and put it towards a better bike :mrgreen: and then do the tests later in your own time. If you are desperate for something bigger ASAP then do the intensive course :D

Thanks very much makes perfect sence now :)

Yea I want to have it passed as soon as possible! Just want a bike end off haha! Yea think I'll need a bit of a bigger bike as I've just starte my full time job last year :-( travel a good lot of motorway miles each day...

So looks like I've to get an intensive course in northern Ireland!

What's the procedures on doing the intensive course how exactly does it work or how do I go about it?

Sorry about all questions really don't have a clue!

Thanks

Think your best bet would be to look up the local bike training schools and speak to them. Explain what you want to do, and they'll be able to answer any questions or any worries that you might have. Do your theory test, get it out of the way, book your cbt, and go from there.

It's probably the quickest way of doing it, if you're determined to be on a bike as soon as possible. Once your theory is done, you've got two years in which to get the rest of it done, before it expires and you have to re-do it, so you're free to concentrate on the practical aspect. All depends on time and financial situation, as biking doesn't come cheap, when you're lookin at £100 ish for the cbt, £30 odd for the theory, £15.50 mod 1, £75 mod 2 fee, your training which could be 2 or £300 and then you've got your protective gear to buy on top.

Thanks Nell! Will keep that in mind... So far I've enough money to sort out all gear and to pass test etc.. Just disnt have a clue on what way was the quickest to pass lol so determined!