fast-ish/experienced riders

Hi all.

I'm new to here but not new to sportsbike riding. A friend of mine & myself welcome anyone on our ride outs. I live in Bury, my friend in Burscough & we generally meet up at Rivington, but can also meet up with others en-route.

Its the first winter we've not rode the bikes, but will be starting to get out on Sundays come end of March 2012 & will be looking forward to a great seasons riding.

We know some great roads & rides can be anything from 3-4 hours to a full day, depending on weather & peoples other commitments on being back home for.

Our pace is quick-ish but understand each rider should ride at their own pace & ability (everyone started the same way) & we welcome anyone to join us as we will encourage stops at major junctions, so keeping everyone together.

All the Best, Graham

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum, am new myself. Once I get a bike sorted (sore subject) I'd be up for this. I ride at a fair pace, but am very respectful of the roads and others so don't expect Rossi-esque riding prowess from me haha

:)

Paul

Thanks guys & its great to get such early responses.

My friend & me have just been riding together these past few years although we do seem to meet others on the roads from time to time. If there's afew more enjoying the rides & what biking brings together, it'll be great.

We're both mature riders with many years experience & although we ride at a decent pace, we do so with road knowledge, respect to it & others & use correct biking lines.

Our rides would equally suit those with experience & knowledge & those wishing to learn & gain road riding know how from others. No-one will be ridiculed or made fun of in their riding because every biker starts the same way.

I certainly feel its better to give to others in biking as I wish someone had felt in the group I started out with many years ago. Unfortunately no-one did because they all had big ego's.

All the best Graham

I'll keep my eye open, I live less than a mile from Rivington barn, and although biking is in the family, my dad doesn't tend to ride so much any more and non of my mates show any interest in biking so I wouldnt mind some group rides.. I only ride a 500, and over the next few weeks I need to do some pre summer maintinence, brake strip down and new pads, new chain and sprocket and Cush rubbers, oil + filter change, once this is done I will be all over this like a rash..

Sorry you've lost me lol.

Not intentionally ::)

Guys I ride with from my home town ride a Gixer 1000 & the bike Boardman n McGregor rode & they religious stick to the speed limits, which means on a decent days run I have to stop frequently & wait

They do commute daily but for me its my cobweb head cleaner.

Guys I ride with from my home town ride a Gixer 1000 & the bike Boardman n McGregor rode & they religious stick to the speed limits, which means on a decent days run I have to stop frequently & wait

Lol. Gixer 1000 & stick to speed limits. If I where them i'd sell & buy a 125 that will just do 70mph & be quids in, in every way.

No we're nothing like that, we use the bike for what it is yet ride with total respect to everything & anyone around us. Sounds like you'll be fine on our rides :-)

Graham

Lol. Gixer 1000 & stick to speed limits. If I where them i'd sell & buy a 125 that will just do 70mph & be quids in, in every way.

No we're nothing like that, we use the bike for what it is yet ride with total respect to everything & anyone around us. Sounds like you'll be fine on our rides :-)

Graham

Gets worse, if I'm confirmed for the ride, I'll prep the night before. Leathers visor cleaned etc Bike checked over, tyre pressures checked & all that's left is fuel when we meet.

Not Jack n Jill.

Arrange to meet at 8am setoff for 8.30, these do there preflight checks then, which means we actually leave about 9.

Probably my brain & historically do not believe in making people wait, I find it extremely rude.

We hardly ride now due to the above, so gladly looking forward.

Gets worse, if I'm confirmed for the ride, I'll prep the night before. Leathers visor cleaned etc Bike checked over, tyre pressures checked & all that's left is fuel when we meet.

Not Jack n Jill.

Arrange to meet at 8am setoff for 8.30, these do there preflight checks then, which means we actually leave about 9.

Probably my brain & historically do not believe in making people wait, I find it extremely rude.

We hardly ride now due to the above, so gladly looking forward.

Blimey, can't be doing with all that, think of the riding time you've wasted? We'll have stops for a bru/drink & fuel outside of main junction waits, but thats it.

Im from Burscough. I wouldnt mind joining up on one of the rides

Absolutely Gareth, will look forward to it. Think on Sunday 1st April, I could arrange it you rode over with my friend?

Im from Burscough. I wouldnt mind joining up on one of the rides

Absolutely Gareth, will look forward to it. Think on Sunday 1st April, I could arrange it you rode over with my friend?

I'll probably come over to yours Graham since your en-route?