Utter madness...

nman1

Thanks for that Phil

To you augustburnsred, on my mother and fathers grave, the last thing that crossed my mind when I posted this was the colour of someones hair. Throttled picked up on the "ginger" aspect of the post and thought it would be humerous to divert the issue being raised.

I`m so sorry that you were attacked, and personally I`d lock the barstewards up for years, but GINGER is a SPICE and used to make a buiscuit in the form of a humanoid, I`ll be fecked if I`m going to reftrain from using the word in case it causes offence to someone with redish hair, same as I`m not going into a DIY shop and asking for extreamly dark paint that is the opposit to white.

Now children, please stop this tit for tat argument and shake hands otherwise I`ll ask the mods to pull the thread myself.

Unwittingly you've managed to illustrate a very good point indeed.

The comment was made in complete jest and aiming to point out the ridiculousness of the situation in the first place by taking it to an absurd, if not entirely illogical, conclusion. However, offence was taken where absolutely none was meant.

So.... was the comment offensive?

More and more these days everyone seems to be coming down on the side of the offended and thus the PC madness where you daren't say anything on the off chance it might offend.

Augustbrunsred, the comment was made in jest to poke fun at PCness gone OTT and I understand I have hit a nerve, which was never my intention and I am very sorry.

If you are also a member of the Judean Peoples Front, I also appologise for being nasty about them.

However, I really hate the Judean Peoples Front.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4931507698729156&id=b82ce307abff68e7ec9106720d32e808&index=newexp

Na - It's the Peoples Front of Judea who should be hated - 'Splitters!'.

:mrgreen:

maybe the ginger nuts like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLYO8Hd_sE

I Love this song! I know every word haha

Sorry, I presume the thread has moved on since this post but I have only read this far before posting.

What I dont get though, is that people dont want to be racist or discriminate against different colours/genders etc, so they dont call people black, ginger, asian, muslim etc. But that does really pee me off. Surely if people want to be treated equally, I should be able to describe someone as black if they are the only black person in a room, and its the easiest way to describe them but that seems to be classed as racist these days. FFS if you want to be treated equally and the colour of your skin/hair/religion really doesnt matter then it doesnt matter if I call someone black if they are indeed black. I think jokes should be able to be made about different races (aslong as it is not derogatory) too. Or is that just my opinion?

Anyway, back on topic... LOL GOG

Surely if people want to be treated equally, I should be able to describe someone as black if they are the only black person in a room, and its the easiest way to describe them but that seems to be classed as racist these days.

Does that also apply to ugly, fat, spotty, bloke with moob, girl with gignatic arse, etc, etc. Very few people want to be singled out based on what makes them different from the rest of the crowd, it's not about being rascist it's just not very polite.

If you want to point out someone in a room who happens to be black, maybe go with 'The guy standing (insert position) wearing (insert colour and article of clothing)' or even better, go talk to them and say whatever you want to say in front of them :up:

Surely if people want to be treated equally, I should be able to describe someone as black if they are the only black person in a room, and its the easiest way to describe them but that seems to be classed as racist these days.

Does that also apply to ugly, fat, spotty, bloke with moob, girl with gignatic arse, etc, etc. Very few people want to be singled out based on what makes them different from the rest of the crowd, it's not about being rascist it's just not very polite.

If you want to point out someone in a room who happens to be black, maybe go with 'The guy standing (insert position) wearing (insert colour and article of clothing)' or even better, go talk to them and say whatever you want to say in front of them :up:

I disagree, those things you mention (ugly, spotty, fat, etc.) are negative attributes, which being black isn't - unless the person using the term, 'black' is a racist. I suspect I'm very often referred to as, "the tall one with ginger hair" but it doesn't offend me, they're just my distinguishing features. By purposefully not using the distinguishing feature of someone being black, asian, redhead, you're ignoring something as plain as the nose on your face. I'm not saying you should always say, "the black guy" or whatever, but if everyone is wearing a blue shirt (other shirt colours are available) in a room full of doors (other positions are available) then you're going to start turning into a Catherine Tate sketch. Another famous redhead...

Original subject of thread was GINGERBREAD "HUMANOIDS" (see...I can be extreamly pc when I want to be) and not what colour peoples skin, hair, moobs, eyes or any other damn thing is.

Please start another thread if you want to continue along this train of thought.

If not feel fee to reply by giving me your opinions on what we should call a crispy, spicy flavoured buiscuit, shaped in the form of an organic being that just happens to come out of the oven a darker shade than light, normally adorned with two eyes, nose, mouth and buttons down the front that happen to resemble those of a jacket worn by the male gender of said organic being.

By giggerdy... I think I`ve managed to name them without offending any damn thing on this planet. If I am mistaken then please do not reply, I really dont give a feck. :wink: :D

Its all bollax and as usual if something is over used and abused the message is lost, to some morons its probably seen as cool.

Its about time as some have said already we are not having this I will call it a gingerbread man,I live near Asians that guy is black she is fart he is ginger I am white this is not offensive they are adjectives get over your f**king selves.

I over reacted, yesterday wasn't a good day, I apologise. I just saw "I mean being ginger is so wrong." and flared up, it may well have been meant as a joke, in hindsight I find it highly unlikely it was meant how I chose to take it.

However, I disagree that " this is not offensive they are adjectives" as this theory depending on the context eliminates the existance of derogatory terms which are essentially just words linked together, words do have the ability to hurt people, I know in my lifetime people have said things to me that have hurt a damn sight more than any smack in the mouth ever could have.

I agree if used in a derogatory way but most of the time its just s bit of banter its wether you can distinguish between the two and that is the point if this thread surely. Just banning it isn't the way to go.

At work there is a very detailed and longwinded policy regarding discrimination. It states that there will be no discrimination against anything, but then lists what the anything is, race, sex etc. The policy was written by someone on £60k a year, who has subsequently re-written it a few times, I think to keep himself in a job.

I pointed out in a class that my own discrimination policy would just stop with the anything. That is inclusive. His policy is exclusive as it does not cover red heads, bald people and the left handed. I also pointed out I could have written a shorter, easier to follow discimination policy and we could save money by not paying people £60k for one. I was told in effect to shut up and stop being silly. But I do not think that I was being silly. The point is that some people find discimination where there is none and use it to make work for themselves.

That is definitely disciminatory - All Gingerbread Men are just to the right of Atilla the Hun!

:up:

I am a non-black; hetro-sexual (yes please!) human(?) male Honkie!

And.... I do like Gingerbread Men - Especially home made.

8-)

At work there is a very detailed and long winded policy regarding discrimination. It states that there will be no discrimination against anything, but then lists what the anything is, race, sex etc. The policy was written by someone on £60k a year, who has subsequently re-written it a few times, I think to keep himself in a job.

I pointed out in a class that my own discrimination policy would just stop with the anything. That is inclusive. His policy is exclusive as it does not cover red heads, bald people and the left handed. I also pointed out I could have written a shorter, easier to follow discrimination policy and we could save money by not paying people £60k for one. I was told in effect to shut up and stop being silly. But I do not think that I was being silly. The point is that some people find discrimination where there is none and use it to make work for themselves.

We the silly suffer the most discrimination of any group. No one says a thing when people say stop being silly. I'm silly and proud. I have always been silly. It's not a choice I've made to be silly. I was born this way. I think I'll form a support group. Perhaps we could go on a silly walk, or has that been done? Come out of the closet with your silliness, and how did you get in there?. My name is Colin and I'm silly

SILLY PRIDE 8-)

:stupid:

Can we combine support groups, spent the a large part of my life being told i'm an IDIOT, i ride like an idiot, I look like an idiot, i sound like an idiot... (This apprently what mt ex told her friends) so i guess I am an idiot.

Yet I'm told being an idiot is a bad thing...I thought my ex wanted to be frinds :3some:

This is what I find hilarious!!! And I mean really funny...

The black sheep in bar bar black sheep is highly sought after for its wool. You could even say its better than the other sheep. So if applied racially its saying black is better.

Now this wouldnt urk me in the slightest yet someone took an animal from a different species and rather than attribute the wool to hair, which would have been smarter, they attributed it to race.

Now I dont know about you...

But it seems the person who changed this made a connection between race and hair colour effectively and then despite the black sheep being seen as better gave it a negative stigma and altered it in case it offended someone.

What a racist C**T :lol: