1st, 15th, 29th April ride outs

Going List 1st April:

Graham (Bury)

Tom (Burscough)

BB/Lee Dogdale

Gareth (Burscough)

Gaz (Horwich)

Dragolith/Dave (Carnforth) - Dependant on Weather (I know...Im a girl :lol: )

If you can give me an eta if/when you will be passing my area?

Cheers!

Going List 1st April:

Graham (Bury)

Tom (Burscough)

BB/Lee Dogdale

Gareth (Burscough)

Gaz (Horwich)

Dragolith/Dave (Carnforth) - Dependant on Weather (I know...Im a girl :lol: )

If you can give me an eta if/when you will be passing my area?

Cheers!

Can meet you at Caton layby bru stop area around 11.30/11.45? We'll be setting off from Rivington at 10.40am & go upto Caton through the lanes via Elswick/Cockerham etc.

From Caton to Devils Bridge & depending on weather/time people want to be back...Sedburgh/South Lakes or Sedburgh/Hawes.

Graham I have put this in the calendar for you.

If you open the calendar (top right) on main page then click on agenda you will find it.

Have a great rideout

Going List 1st April:

Graham (Bury)

Tom (Burscough)

BB/Lee Dogdale

Gareth (Burscough)

Gaz (Horwich)

Dragolith/Dave (Carnforth)

Please continue to add your name to going list if you are/think you'll be joining us on the 1st.

Thanks to TC for putting this event/ride on the forum calendar :-)

• 2 weeks later...
We having a route plan this week?

Hi Lee,

I was just thinking upto Broughton lights (north Preston) left to Elswick through some great biking roads up to Cockerham, more of the same up to Lancaster, then Caton (bru stop at layby/popular bikers stop) then faster open roads to devils bridge (decide between us, where)? Could go Sedburg-Hawes-Settle (a popular scratchers route on fantastic bikers roads) then back from Settle afew different ways?

Or from Devils Bridge-Sedburg-Kendal-Crook-Bowness (bru stop)-return?

I feel bearing in mind it'll be some ppls 1st ride of the season (mine included) either of the above (4/5 hours inc stops) is plenty far enough & hope others agree.

There'll be plenty of time for more longer/different rides over the coming weeks/months.

Sounds good to me, Hawes is a good run. Providing my bike is back from Service by the Sunday - Im dropping her in Thursday. That is providing I get my puncture fixed also... :roll:

Take the wheel to get the puncture fixed, then service it yourself, easy-peasy & that way you'll deffo be out :-)

Hahahah, you must be having a laugh right?

If I try service it myself, my next ride will be 2015... :lol:

I plan on fixing the puncture if my kit turns up before Thursday, then taking it to the garage to get service and 2 new rubbers. A little rub in on Saturday and ready for Sunday - fingers crossed...

Hahahah, you must be having a laugh right?

If I try service it myself, my next ride will be 2015... :lol:

I plan on fixing the puncture if my kit turns up before Thursday, then taking it to the garage to get service and 2 new rubbers. A little rub in on Saturday and ready for Sunday - fingers crossed...

Lol, seriously?

I always service my own bikes plus any jobs required (very very few, it's a Honda) because I need the piece of mind the jobs been done properly :-)

I may not be able to make it on the 1st as I am having trouble with it cutting out on me at the moment.

What exactly is the symptoms, ie: when cutting out etc etc?

Think it may be the breather

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43630

Yes i've had exactly this problem on a bike before. As others have said, breather issue. Check the small breather hole for a blockage (under fuel cap) check breather hose for same plus kinks. U can rule out fuel pump 100% as some bikers seem to think a faulty one causes this.

can we keep on topic please.. lol.

Always a good run.

Fatigue for non riders will have yo be taken into consideration. I was goosed after yesterday's 8hr ride.

We need numbers, skill sets, leaders, markers etc. There are 5 lads joining us from the Aprilia forum. So that's minimum 10 already...

Route wise.

The lakes is always a great run, shame bolton up is the A6, however its a warmup for those who are rusty I suppose?

I know a nice road from the A6 - a590 into bowness, cuppa then say across to Hartside (cuppa) down into hawes/settle devils for split to home destinations?

So Rivvy setoff 10.30

Bowness 12.30

Hartside 2

Hawes/settle/devils 4.30

Home - variable...

6+ hrs easy riding.

can we keep on topic please.. lol.

Always a good run.

Fatigue for non riders will have yo be taken into consideration. I was goosed after yesterday's 8hr ride.

We need numbers, skill sets, leaders, markers etc. There are 5 lads joining us from the Aprilia forum. So that's minimum 10 already...

Route wise.

The lakes is always a great run, shame bolton up is the A6, however its a warmup for those who are rusty I suppose?

I know a nice road from the A6 - a590 into bowness, cuppa then say across to Hartside (cuppa) down into hawes/settle devils for split to home destinations?

So Rivvy setoff 10.30

Bowness 12.30

Hartside 2

Hawes/settle/devils 4.30

Home - variable...

6+ hrs easy riding.

Thanks for bringing us back on topic lol.

That Crook road is great isn't it :-)

Seeing as your bringing the V-Twin brigade (please bring your own tools lol) & although the rev happy 4cylinders (real bikes) will be out numbered we've got the staying POWER lol.

As you say some of us will be rusty but expect the lubrication to kick in as the day goes on :-)

We'll deffo do the Hartside run before too long & for those who've never been, keep an eye out in this NW section. You've gotta do it & the Lakes via Kirkstone Pass & Ullswater is a great ride there or back or both :-)

Yes 10.30am this Sunday 1st Rivington Bottom barn car park, for a 10.40am sharp set off.