Going List 1st April:

Graham (Bury)

Tom (Burscough)

BB/Lee Dogdale

Gareth (Burscough)

Gaz (Horwich)

Dragolith/Dave (Carnforth)

Katchin/Simon (Carnforth)

I'll come, first group ride though, so will also probably be at the back :)

As I live in Lancaster, may as well join in Carnforth.

My dad spent £10k on a campervan, without checking It would fit in the garage. As a result the past few months have been spent raising the garage roof up 14''. As a result of this the garage door didn't fit the opening it should have covered. To combat this my dad welded a frame out of angle iron and bolted some roller shutter door offcut onto the frame which was then mounted onto the door.

Unfortunately it's added a considerable amount of weight to the garage door, and unless you fully open the door it has a nasty tendency to swing down with considerable force.

I found this out the hard way. I will be sporting a rather small but deep dent in my head and a nice graze on my cheek where I didnt quite get out of the way of the initial impact in time

10.15 is fine, bear in mind i'm a newish rider though, so if you 'feel the need', you're on your own :)

Where you guys thinking of meeting us? You say Carnforth, do you mean Caton layby? (I put on the thread earlier an idea of time there)

Just an idea you could if you wanted backtrack to Lancaster- & towards Cockerham sands, there's a pub called The Stork (if you know it) we could see you at?

Hmm, dont know it. Idea was we could meet at Carnforth then come meet you lot at Brew stop.

Prob best stick to that then, i don't think you'll have any problem knowing its us lot with half the group being on boooooming v-twins with Aprilia's & a flashy ktm. I'll be on the most mundane of bikes a black fireblade.

Well I got the bike back from 16k. But they said I need a new CAM tensioner, and there may be a blow in the Exhaust. They neglected to tell me that BEFORE I turn up. :x

Is that ok for a full day ride out? :?

As far as I know the CAM Tensioner is used to adjust the chain, so I would imagine its fine until my next chain adjustment?

Will need to get a Mig Weld on the Exhaust at some point...

On your bike i'm sure he means a cam chain tensioner, as in cam chain not drive train. Best ring him. Either way you'll be fine for the ride so see you & everyone else tomorrow at Rivington 10.30 :-)

Cam chain keeps your top and bottom end in sync. Ensures your cams rotate correctly with the crank.. Basically keeps your pistons moving up and down at the right time for your valves opening and closing..

The tensioner just keeps that chain tight. It's no biggie. If your actual cam chain fails your valves drop and your pistons hit them, then it's probably cheaper to buy a reconditioned top end or complete second hand engine than to repair your current one..

Well Im up, and its bloody freezing.

Ok I understand. But would Honda have given me the bike if it needed urgent work?

I was in a rush when I picked her up, and I was a bit pissed off that they didn't just do the work or at least let me know before I went there.

What's the final opinion? Would you ride today?

The chain tensioner really is no big deal. I dunno about your bike but it's an hour job or so on mine. Thing the worst you'll get is a bit of a rattle. No major mechanichal issues. If Honda told you, you needed it done, they would have told you not to ride it if there was any risk wouldn't they.. If they didn't advise you that and you rode it and it knackered they wouldn't be in a brilliant position.

Been up since half 5 with the baby :/ thought they were menna sleep better the older they got..