1st, 15th, 29th April ride outs

Hope everyone got back ok, great Rideout, great set of peeps & a great manageable speed.

Lucky with the weather, beautiful blue day, temp not to cold not to hot..

Looking forward to the 15th ;)

Hope everyone got back ok, great Rideout, great set of peeps & a great manageable speed.

Lucky with the weather, beautiful blue day, temp not to cold not to hot..

Looking forward to the 15th ;)

:stupid:

Don't forget great mohawks, shame about the pigtails. Your helmet could have been one of the highlights of the day..

Unfortunately I'm at a wedding on the 15th, don't think I can't bail as I'm the best man. I am tempted though ;)

31st :cheers:

Thanks to Graham for organising things, and Lee for extending it to the Aprillia guys. It made the day!

Don't forget great mohawks, shame about the pigtails.

Thanks to Graham for organising things, and Lee for extending it to the Aprillia guys. It made the day!

Haha, I'll extend that welcome to you mate for having that fine rear on the bike ;) the DD of course ::cool:

Big shout to Graham for the excellent navigation & overall ride management.

Let himself down by turning up late & the wrong turning, better luck next time fella ;)

I need to get my pigtails to stick on & my tartan miniskirt in prep for the 15th/28th, whichever I can make, if not both.

Good times!!

It was good to meet some new people & hope all got back home safe. I also hope the route was enjoyed by all & as already mentioned just how lucky were we with the weather :-)

Thanks to those who turned up, sorry to those who had to wait longer than expected at Caton.

The 1st ride of the season for some & good to get it out of the way safely.

Graham

Haha, I'll extend that welcome to you mate for having that fine rear on the bike ;) the DD of course ::cool:

Fine rear? It's a 14 year old Kawasaki..

lol sorry mate, thought it was your good self on the DD.. :-o

Fine rear? It's a 14 year old Kawasaki..

lol sorry mate, thought it was your good self on the DD.. :-o

I thought you were making reference to the pillion that came along.

Fair play to that guy, and to his pillion he was riding at some pace for 2-up

I thought you were making reference to the pillion that came along.

Fair play to that guy, and to his pillion he was riding at some pace for 2-up

That would be very rude of me & I'm not like that. :ugeek:

BB

PS. Just bought a size 18 tartan mini skirt off eBay ;)

What were peoples most enjoyed stretch of road? & why? Or was it all :-)

What were peoples least enjoyed? & why?

Just thinking for future reference :-)

BIG respect to Lee's friend coming all the way from Carlisle to make the ride & also to Lee for putting him up.

Respect to the couple riding two up over the hugely twisty b roads.

Well done Dave? on hiz Gpz500, obviously redlining it everywhere.

Thanks to everyone for turning up & making it what it was :-)

My fave is the Hawes-Ingleton run, we only did half of it before turning to Settle I believe.

I love long sweeping bends that you can see from a mile away. Im not too confident on B roads and blind corners... :lol:

I liked that little road the guy (sorry crap with names) with the KTM said was a cracker ,in a day of great roads that was the best

That was Tom from Burscough on the KTM. Which road did he/you mean? From where to where?

Well done Dave? on hiz Gpz500, obviously redlining it everywhere.

Yeah it was Gaz on the GPZ (me). I was revving the bollocks of it most of the time. To be fair to the bike it seems to have taken the abuse pretty well, didnt miss a beat all day and it's 14 years old.

Its hard to pinpoint a worst bit, there were hardly any bad aspects to the day. I'll have to say the twisties just before we got on the M6 going, I came out a corner above the 7k powerband, I gunned it and hit a sort of lip that I didn't see, ended up taking off but didn't expect it and ended up landing bollock first on the tank.. That brought a tear to my eye..

My Best bit was probably the road to Hawkes after the farm where your just surrounded by drystone Walls one minute then the next your on this tiny little road snaking across the moors. Had a bit of a somewhat euphoric moment when I hit that. Felt incredible.

Sorry not sure where exactly but but me you and Tom stopped on a left hander and the road was off to the right ,give the steering damper a good work out :shock:

Oh yes that was the Devils Bridge-Sedburg road (we stopped around half way along it at the sharp right hander) a great scratching road full of everything to test rider & bike. I've done it a couple of times including from the other direction which is great dropping into Devils Bridge itself :-).

A very short trip to the fuel station on the Saturday to fill up & check the bike was all ok & after almost 12 months lay off (due to back problems) the bike felt like a warp machine. I rang Tom & said i'll ride at the back on the ride. Anyway after getting away on the Sunday morning to meet you guys I nursed myself in OK resulting in a police warning for something. It caused me to be later than expected at Rivington but with such a good group I kinda knew you weren't going anywhere without me :-)

A bit rusty as expected & others will be also, but lets remember theres a long season ahead to chip away at our own gains to be had :-)

As for most enjoyed roads of the day, I feel the Devils Bridge-Sedburg-Hawes-RibbleHead-Settle would take some beating for what is around 45 ish miles of uninterupted (some underlating) grippy,great twisting roads.

As for most enjoyed roads of the day, I feel the Devils Bridge-Sedburg-Hawes-RibbleHead-Settle would take some beating for what is around 45 ish miles of uninterupted (some underlating) grippy,great twisting roads.

definitely