We gave up!

Nogin

Well after struggling with the local football team we quit after my son has been tackled constantly by his own players, ignored by the coaches and constantly left on the bench and never passed to while on the pitch.

The other day he said "dad this is no fun, no one passes to me"

Thank god it's finished, he can now concentrate on his Karate.

Edited by Nogin

Same happened to my lad. The coaches just shouted all the time, no encouragement, he never got a full game, the coaches had their favourites, inluding their own kids of course.... for a while it annoyed me, but Jack kept going until he too said to me..

'mum this is no fun.. is it ok if i dont play for this team anymore'

He went to play for another team and loved it.....

Some of these coaches do not know the ethos of youth football and should all be shot :)

Don't get me started on this one!.... :evil:

The exact same happened to my youngest son....and I was quite relieved when he said he wanted to give it up. It's supposed to be for fun.....but some of the coaches and parents see it as life and death... :roll:

I refereed kids football for a time...and the abuse and accusations that flew around was apalling.....even though the FA were promoting "Respect"....... :roll:

I'm sure your lad will much prefer concentrating in his Karate now Nogin..... 8-)

It's been a nightmare, he's attended every game yet never got man of the match, the two coaches are determined to win and on that basis their kids play up front and the not so strong players sit on the bench.

if you want ar$ehole parents try the Sailing clubs they take it to a whole new level :shock:

my mate's son tried sailing and footy before settling on Rugby. There's no hiding place in rugby :wink:

The vast majority of Sunday football league coaches and parents are utter w**kers. In my humble opinion.

I used to be a fairly decent keeper back when I played in them, but the coaches son though of himself as a fatter David Seaman. And of course he was first choice keeper, and we lost every match by at LEAST 10 goals. In the 3 or 4 full games I got, we lost one. Not blowing my won trumpet but being ignored was no fun, and it was at a place just outside nuneaton, so every players parents were always shitfaced / hungover.

Was just a grim place to be now I think about it.

I used to play when I was younger and quit for the exact same reasons. A lot of blokes think because they watch west ham on saturday they can manage a kids football team. In all honesty as a kid you just want to play and "coaches" often over complicate things

Glad it wasn't just my son left on the bench. We would travel to every training session, all over Cambridgeshire to sometimes not play at all. As people say some managers are utter ar*eholes. I used to referee games and the abuse I got from parents was unbelievable.

At one game there was constant jib jib jib after 20 mins I stopped the game walked over to him said here you go mate you have a go, he soon shut up! Glad I'm no longer involved, any parent thinking of joining a team.... Don't!