Car vs Scooter

iiisecondcreep

The easiest way to assess situations like this is to reverse them. So you ask the car driver - if you were first off the roundabout and a bike had overtaken you and clipped the side of your car, whose fault would it have been them?

Never argue the toss. The camera records the incident. Exchange details and send insurers the footage.

A driving instructor should be well aware what the red L means. He needs to retake his instructor ticket. Total misjudgement on his part and a complete mis reading of the road ahead. Scooters should be in the gutter and not in my way. Pffft

I do think pointing out the camera diffused a situation that could have become violent 8-)

This is exactly why I wanted to get off L-plates and onto a full licence ASAP when I started riding - those little scooters are death traps - small, vulnerable and slow. You can't put any distance between yourself and some tw@t who wants to kill you. Terrifying - from personal experience! Since getting the SV, tw@t cagers like that only ever appear as small dots in my wingmirrors!

I must admit that I took off the "L" plates when I was on a provisional back in the 70's due to the way other road users reacted to them. The difference was instant and noticable. Nothing has changed, just more traffic , so this sort of thing will happen more frequently. 8-)

Whatever the road layout, the twat in the jag was overtaking him, now whether that is a legal or illegal move on this road, he cut in too soon and side swiped the poor lad causing him to nearly come off. Dangerous driving in my book.