Bike MOT

hammer5

Never had to put my bike in an MOT before as its never been old enough lol

Can I put it through its MOT myself or do I need a garage to do it?

It's going yo pass so I don't see why I need to pay labour to my local dealer to do it .

Cheers.

Lee

They seem to have a Monopoly on bikers.

how do you work that out?

i pay £25 for my MOT its hardly breaking the bank and i take it to an independent garage plus they are the cheapest round here the most anyone charges round here is £30 :?

I am actually happy to pay for an inspection on my bike every year and would do so wether it was a requirement or not

I think it is pretty good value if the tester knows what he is doing :cheers:

They seem to have a Monopoly on bikers.

how do you work that out?

Because they can say your bearings are hanging out of your wheel but i could swear they were fine.

Then if you think they are fine you get a second opinion and if they are wrong report them to vosa who will happily deal with it!

Because they can say your bearings are hanging out of your wheel but i could swear they were fine.

but it's a long walk and push to the nearest bike place (10+ miles), I wouldn't ride it if he said the bearings are gone.

but you swear they are fine :?

yes maybe if you live in a village where there is one MOT test centre they might have the monopoly in that village but you could easily ride your bike to another test centre

but you swear they are fine :?

yes maybe if you live in a village where there is one MOT test centre they might have the monopoly in that village but you could easily ride your bike to another test centre

he's the mechanic I'm just a diy'er :/ that's what I mean about having a list of bike mot stations. I found out about the one I use by word of mouth. Its not advertised anywhere. Its just in the back of a normal garage.

that kind of narrows it down to where I actually live now doesn't it :P

and it appears Kings in Kidlington is missing off that map, the biggest bike dealer I know of. Just found another one near Aylesbury that is missing too. Not a very comprehensive list.

that kind of narrows it down to where I actually live now doesn't it :P

and it appears Kings in Kidlington is missing off that map, the biggest bike dealer I know of. Just found another one near Aylesbury that is missing too. Not a very comprehensive list.

Well I don't know where you live..? :booty:

I had mine done last year and they came to me and said one of my lights was out! I thought the right one was for full beam only!

I asked how much and they said £7 to which I replied "np at all"

When I came to pay they told me it was £29 for the MOT £7 for the light and £15 for fitting the light!!!!

Checky sods

Could of told me that when I asked how much

I had mine done last year and they came to me and said one of my lights was out! I thought the right one was for full beam only!

I asked how much and they said £7 to which I replied "np at all"

When I came to pay they told me it was £29 for the MOT £7 for the light and £15 for fitting the light!!!!

Checky sods

Could of told me that when I asked how much

I wouldn't have paid that, he quoted £7, not £22.

:offtopic:

Anyhoo Lee.....don't make the same mistake others do......check all your lights first..... :wink: Apparently this is the biggest reason for MOT failures..... :lol:

Yeah checked em before I setoff, only issue I had was the reflector rear plate. Stuck the legal plate on & super glued the reflector. Guy had a chuckle but it was passed.

Put my barely legal one back on straight afterwards lol

Good tip tho