CBR 600f 2002 Brake/Clutch Levers and Indicator replacement

dragolith

Done the indicator. But the brake lever is proving difficult, I cant get the adjuster to work as it should I think. The brake lever comes in 2 parts and I can get them together but not apart again to check the adjuster is in right.

DSCF2981.JPG.2acd3aa9b5fcf4a0d2f1bb4269d43081.JPG

There are some great levers on ebay for this bike

For £23 with delivery I got racing levers in anodised blue with black detail for my CBR. They work absolutely fine and look much better than standard.

I have replaced the levers and indicators, did an LED indicator conversion, and Id strongly suggest you do the same as the little bits really do alter the look of the bike quite a bit :thumb:

Levers, I got blue with black adjusters but I suggest ordering the short ones if you get them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Brake- ... 4150d403c3

The indicators I have on the front

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-LED-Turn- ... 415a6af174

They dont make the rear ones anymore but they are called Motrax flames.

I also fitted this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR-600 ... 3a6fdeaf84

The tail light I love to pieces, it has built in indicators I'm going to hook up soon but the smoked effect looks really good on my bike as when the bike is off it blends with the body work and is a lot brighter than the stock unit.

Converting the LED's on this was easy as hell!

What you need is desired LED indicators with bullet connections and then some bullet connector to honda connector leads so you can plug them right in.

Take the top cowl off and replace them and then put it back together, but with the top cowl off you can also swap out the relay for an LED relay. It's easier as you can replace all 4 indicators with LED ones and not have to faff around with resistors. I got a relay for £7 and it's still working now.

My bike is taking on more of a transformation, I've just fitted auxillary brake lights using one of the holes left by the indicator. They are the bullet lights from bike vis and they only come on when I brake. Very useful. the exact position is either side of the top of the reg plate below the tail light. The LED's stems are long enough they nestle in next to the stems. I will upload a picture at some point :thumb:

The tail light also has built in indicators im going to wire in so I have the tail light and an LED indicator flashing away when I want to turn. Just for extra visability so you damn well know when I want to turn or brake :lol:

All perfectly legal too!

The tail light also has built in indicators im going to wire in so I have the tail light and an LED indicator flashing away when I want to turn. Just for extra visability so you damn well know when I want to turn or brake :lol:

All perfectly legal too!

had a tail light with indicators in for years 8-)

everyone says its easier to see too :)

Yeah, I had one on my last CBR600F a few years ago, this unit is smoked but the LED's are very bright so you see it fine during the day as well :lol:

I like having the normal indicators to go with it as well. It may be a bit of a light show at the back of my bike but it is only going to make it harder for someone to claim they didnt see me indicate if they rear end me :roll: