Lake district (Keswick) camping weekend Aug 24/25

TC

Me and GarethNW are going to do the Keswick weekend again this year.

Friday 24th & Saturday 25th August 2012

This will be the 3rd year that we have held this meet, the last 2 being very succesful even though it rained for the whole weekend last apart from when we did the rideout.

We camp on a hill with flat bits dotted all over with a little stream running down the side of the site to chill the beer. Gareths OH Trish :angel12: cooks the food (Gareth thinks he does). we have a large Marquee type tent which we use as well as having a real campfire to sit around at night.

Last year we all paid £10 per head per day for food, which Trish and Gareth went and brought as well as cooked for us all.

£4 per day each camping fees (last years price, may have gone up this year)

So there is no need to bring any cooking stuff or food on your bike.

Trish also did a beer run for us just give her the money and your beer order and she went to the local off licence.

So basically you need to bring a tent, some money and a sense of humour the rest is catered for.

Here's some pics from last years trip on pages 14 & 15

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... &start=195

Please cut and paste names below

TC

The plan for the weekend is to arrive Friday at the camp site situated just outside Keswick where we will pitch up our tents, (numbers is not an issue) there is a mass of space for tents. There is also a very secure area to park bikes and cars which will be in our Line of Sight whilst camping.

keswick01.jpg.6ac0d3b3d7bc36424004f0f77306c6cb.jpg

This is one of the few campsites where you can have a proper stone fire on the floor and it has a very relaxed and chilled atmosphere. I will be cooking for everyone who comes and making sure your basic needs are covered. (I said basic!)

The campsite has very good showers and toilet facilities which are cleaned every morning.

There is a nice stream that will run through our camping area where we can keep beer and drinks COLD!

I have a nice route for a ride out on the Saturday and Keswick town itself is only 10 mins away and worth a look.

Saturday night more camping around a fire.

Hope you can make it folks

Some pics from 2 years ago <-----------

keswick02.JPG.e7005d6084c6677f7d4837ec13c65d1e.JPG

keswick03.JPG.85eaecd4e917914f3cfa8e546e28f978.JPG

The address is:

Bridge End Farm

Thirlmere

Keswick

Cumbria

CA12 4TG

if you come via the Lakes, and Grasmere, up Dunmail Raise (bloody big hill), short dual carriageway, then take the first left, you travel down the inside of Thirlmere, which is a nice run.. at the junction take the right (you will be at the end of the reservoir) and go over the Dam, towards the A591, campsite is before you get to the main road.

alternative, stay on A591, ride down the side of the reservoir, past the car park before heading down hill past the Travellers Rest pub, take the first left and into the camp site.

IM IN , CANT COPY PASTE, CAN SOMEONE DO IT FOR ME... NOW IVE JUST GOT TO PULL A FAST ONE AT WORK AS SOMEONE ELSE WANTS THAT FRIDAY OFF AND WE'RE NOT ALLOWED 2 MANAGERS OFF AT THE SAME TIME :(... GUESS I JUST HAVE TO BEAT HER TO IT LOL

Count me and Martin in fantastic weekend last year despite the wind and rain. The ride up there over the Yorkshire moors was amazing as was the Sat rideout. Truly can't wait for this one, see you all there.

TC

GarethNW

Trish + 1

Littlecat

Rebel Rach

UK190

WOOP WOOP. Was the best meet up of the year for me last year, count me in. Apart from the F**Ktards who designed the detour on the A1 last year.

TC

GarethNW

Trish + 1

Littlecat

Rebel Rach

UK190

Boothy

• 2 months later...

wow, looks great guys, but i have to work that weekend to get the next two off for my jolly holidays to gran canaria. but i really hope u all have a fab time and the weather is good for you this time.

• 2 weeks later...

TC

GarethNW

Littlecat

Rebel Rach

UK190

Boothy

YORBANDIT

Augustburnsred

Devans

Paul

Revs

Ratser

Martynmcg

I'm back in the UK then so why not. Ratser/Revs, I might try to tag along with you 2 for the run down, if you don't mind of course. :cheers:

Aye and hopefully with a few modifications :bike: But you're more than welcome to try it in real life size :cheers:

the only way i could ride it in real life size is with the seat off and a cloth over the battery to sit on lol. ( i know cos thats how i bought it lol)

Cool, cheers folks. Sure we can arrange meeting places nearer the time. :thumb:

Gives me an excuse to go for a new tent and gonk bag as well. More crap for the loft when it's all done :cheers: