Sucking Eggs or not ????????????

TC

This is the first really nice weekend of the year, so no doubt loads of people will be out on the bikes.

Just a little reminder to ride safe people, do loads of lifesavers, expect the unexpected, Think every junction has a car coming out of it until you have past it.

If you haven't riden all year your riding skills WILL be rusty.

Plus car drivers don't see many bikes in the winter so probably won't be looking out for them as much.

Ride safe be careful and enjoy the weekend :cheers:

Any other hints or tips people have to stay safe just add them to the thread

Oh and take loads of pics

It's not a race.

That's what losers say :lol:

Just assume you're invisible, though that doesn't mean you get away with riding in the nude!

WRONG, It's what people who can ride a bike properly say :roll:

OK,, I know it was a joke,,,, but a bit of sun & all the bike that have been tucked up for 4 months over winter period are suddenly out on the road,,

the bikes are fine, it's the riders that are lacking & think they can just pick up were the left off last year,, this time last yearI know that two riders

overcooked corners & ran out of road, one on the way to the pond,,

Agreed, have a careful but awesome sunny season. :mrgreen:

Had a twat the other day on a roundabout decided he in fact wanted to go right round instead of left so cut across the front of me, thankfully I got that 6th sense tingle and backed well off before he initiated twat move.

It's not a race.

Just assume you're invisible, though that doesn't mean you get away with riding in the nude!

You're right it was a joke, I forgot you aren't allowed to be funny on this forum, won't happen again.

Edited by Silverspring

OK,, I know it was a joke,,,, but a bit of sun & all the bike that have been tucked up for 4 months over winter period are suddenly out on the road,,

the bikes are fine, it's the riders that are lacking & think they can just pick up were the left off last year,, this time last yearI know that two riders

overcooked corners & ran out of road, one on the way to the pond,,

You're right it was a joke, I forgot you aren't allowed to be funny on this forum, won't happen again.

I don't get it?

TC is right, it's the first really sunny warm day of the season and the summer heroes pull the dust sheet off the bike and then go for a spin!

Settle in carefully boys and girls, the road surfaces have changed etc

I'm off to work in a moment, hopefully not to pick up the pieces if anyone has an off!

my advise... for what its worth... if they wanna pretend they cant see you, at least make sure they friggin HEAR you.. lol... got stuck in 2 lots of horrible slow roadworks today. had to do the parting of the cars trick... gear down , clutch halfway in , rev the bugger like hell, works a treat :mrgreen:

my advise... for what its worth... if they wanna pretend they cant see you, at least make sure they friggin HEAR you.. lol... got stuck in 2 lots of horrible slow roadworks today. had to do the parting of the cars trick... gear down , clutch halfway in , rev the bugger like hell, works a treat :mrgreen:

I do that as well when filtering, lots of noise :D

Don't be goaded into keeping up with faster riders on technical twisty roads. If you have doubts about an overtake or feel too tense to ride smoothly, just back off and enjoy the ride or stop for a cuppa before carrying on at your own pace!

I commute daily by bike and don't often ride for the sake of riding but I took my new Kawa out for a blast around Abergavenny - Brecon - Builth Wells on Sunday seeing as the weather was so bangin'. There were plenty of nutters out and once or twice I found myself keeping up with really quite fast power rangers and suddenly realising that I was not enjoying the pace at all. Once I'd let them slip off into the distance and slowed down a bit I was having a blast in no time!