CBT advice!

Next step: Theory :) You need both theory and CBT to do your tests so start getting your theory done now. That lasts for 2 years in the same way your CBT will.

Both restricted licence and DAS involve doing exactly the same tests, only difference is for the restricted licence you do them on a 125, for the DAS you do them on a 500.

Do you want to get a 125 and ride round on that for a while to build experience and confidence?

Do you want to do lessons once a week and then practice what you've been taught during the week? Or do you want to spend a week solid and do your tests on the Friday?

Speak to your instructor, they'll run you through the options and you can ask as many questions as you like :)

awesome! i think thats my next stepping stone, but perhaps ill get some practice on my own bike for a few months first :P cheers for that buddy ill keep you guys posted ,,,, 8-)

Nice one Joni....congrats on the pass..... 8-)

If you're looking for a 125 I would suggest looking at some of the Jap 125's. This is a regular subject on here....and sometimes controversial.....but the fact of the matter is that you will be more likely to get decent money back from an older Jap 125 to put towards your next bike. BonnieBird's daughter has an oldish Honda CG125......it gets fairly neglected....but starts first time every time......simple, solid, reliable bike.....and was picked up cheap...so may even turn a profit when it gets sold.... :wink:

Be aware the NSR, DTR and RS are 2 strokes and will require more maintenance. I don't know your mechanical knowledge or background so don't know if this will be an issue.

Honda replaced the CG with the CBF125 so look for those as well. That's what I learned on and it was brilliant.

I think the Suzuki VanVan is quite cute as well but I'm aware I'm in a minority there :)

I had a ybr and a van van. The van van's awesome. Just need to find the time to clean it up ready for sale since I don't need it anymore. Had i been able to bolt a 250 engine into though, I'd still hang on to it.

Remember the NSR and Aprilia are 2 -strokes - can you be bothered/ have the time/ knowledge to maintain them?

Suzuki do a couple of other 125s as i think do Kawasaki.

Generally 2-stroke engines tend to be a bit more fragile than 4-stroke engines.....it's not just down to keeping the 2-stroke oil topped up, but they tend to wear out quicker. They tend to foul plugs, some suffer with weak bottom ends, some burn pistons, piston rings can get gummed, coke builds up quicker in combustion chambers and exhausts requiring de-cokes, etc. If you enjoy rebuilding engines then get one....if you just want a bike to ride, then think more about a 4-stroke..... :wink: