Top box for Honda CBF125...

Hi all,

It might be the tiredness that's setting in or the fact that I've no idea what I'm looking at, but does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for regarding a top box for the Honda CBF125?

I'd probably be asking a bit much if it could hold both a helmet and jacket in there!

Also, will a top box noticeably effect performance on a 125? Whilst it won't be an issue with future bikes, it certainly is something that worries me with this one.

(sorry this probably gets asked by every newbie! :D)

Thanks,

Adam

Well I can say that i don't really notice a difference on my ybr 125. I have a 37 litre top box cheapie off ebay and doesnt seem to affect performance. Even with my padlock chain and work bag in it i still easily do 55-60mph on dual carriageway (70mph with the wind behind me :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

I have the official Honda topbox on mine; one like this, in 26L:

http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/system/cache/cbf125-top-box-26l-_cms_site_products_images_14808-1-14297_440_440_True.jpg

When I park up at the station, I can fit my gloves, textile jacket and trousers in it (with the waterproof linings in) - with the helmet in, I can fit the trousers but no way will the jacket fit. Perhaps the larger 35L would manage it, but I don't know for sure.

Unless you fill your topbox with bricks, I doubt you'll notice any difference - my security chain is 7kg on its own and I didn't notice anything other than more rattling :)

HTH!

• 3 months later...
Hello :)

I have the official Honda topbox on mine; one like this, in 26L:

http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/system/cache/cbf125-top-box-26l-_cms_site_products_images_14808-1-14297_440_440_True.jpg

When I park up at the station, I can fit my gloves, textile jacket and trousers in it (with the waterproof linings in) - with the helmet in, I can fit the trousers but no way will the jacket fit. Perhaps the larger 35L would manage it, but I don't know for sure.

Unless you fill your topbox with bricks, I doubt you'll notice any difference - my security chain is 7kg on its own and I didn't notice anything other than more rattling :)

HTH!

It did help! thanks, though it took me many months, I finally have the 35L on mine. I think if I squeeze it, I can just about get everything in there. Looks smarter than the Givi ones too!