Want to buy some gear for summer...

I still only have my heavy armoured textile suit at the moment and want to buy some new gear for summer riding,

I will get a leather jacket, and summer gloves but thinking about the trousers, kelvar jeans or leathers? I want to be comfortable, if I go for leather its going to be hot and sticking in the sunny days?

Advice would be welcome.

Thanks

IMHO kevlar jeans are crap. The knee armour doesn't sit right at all. No use in a crash and uncomfortable to walk in. Each to their own though. Maybe you can find some with straps to lock it in place. Dunno, but I consider my red routes (plus armour) a waste of £115...

Any use?

Hein Gericke stuff is the kitten's mittens. From their latest email

"Alternatively, visit us online this week and save 10% by using discount code*: HG10 "

I spend ages trying on jeans till I found a comfy pair. They are RST and have huge knee protectors, bigger than in my textile trousers.

I have Spada Airtech gloves which work really well and can see me getting the equivalent jacket once my present jacket gives up teh ghost.

The ATGATT rule isn't adhered to by most bikers in southern Arizona. I do have one friend who wears full leathers all year round. He claims to be comfortable until temps are above 35, which is every afternoon here in southeast Arizona from April through September. It helps that the humidity is very low most of the time.

When the temps are above 22 I wear a long sleeved white shirt, jeans and leather chaps. The chaps are mainly to keep engine heat off my legs when I'm on the Nomad. Also, my daughter thinks they look cool.

The US uses fahrenheit, so I'm using a conversion chart to find the celsius equivalents. Hope I got them right.

I've got some Hood jeans and so far they are good. A bit warmer than normal jeans as they have the kevlar lining....but that's the price of protection.

You can also get vented textiles with armour....which are good for really hot weather. I've also got some Triumph leather jeans....which are really good leather and the armour is quite discreet which are OK while on the move but can get a bit hot when walking around.

The ATGATT rule isn't adhered to by most bikers in southern Arizona. I do have one friend who wears full leathers all year round. He claims to be comfortable until temps are above 35, which is every afternoon here in southeast Arizona from April through September. It helps that the humidity is very low most of the time.

When the temps are above 22 I wear a long sleeved white shirt, jeans and leather chaps. The chaps are mainly to keep engine heat off my legs when I'm on the Nomad. Also, my daughter thinks they look cool.

The US uses fahrenheit, so I'm using a conversion chart to find the celsius equivalents. Hope I got them right.

Leather chaps, you would not get away with that over here!

I would like to see armoured denim jackets to match the jeans. At least elbow pads and lots of teflon woven in.

We're a bit odd in England. We use Centigrade for below freezing and fahrenheit for above, so no conversion needed for the warm.

Jacket gloves and boots will do for warm weather riding. A good pair of ordinairy jeans will do. Leather pants for when it's cold, to keep the wind chill down.