Fuel crisis what are you going to do

TC

Panic or not

I think it will all blow over and won't happen. No one wants to go on strike and lose money, so hopefully for everyone's sake it will be resolved.

Personally I think the government have shown how inept they are at dealing with life issues of the country.

Let alone trying to fight a war in afganistan.

God help us all :crybaby:

But on a plus note my car and bike are full of fuel :D

How are you going to handle it

What crisis? Everybody running round like headless chickens because something might happen.

Reminds me of Chicken Little. The sky has fallen on my head. It's a ridiculous state of affairs.

Just wondering if I have enough pasties stockpiled in the back bedroom 8-)

the tanker drivers union has to give 7 days notice of a strike anyway and as they are meeting to try and resolve the problems on monday it would suggest that over easter will be fine but on the other hand look how much the government has suddenly got coming in from all the tax duty on all the extra fuel sold

I filled up yesterday because the petrol light came on. I'll fill up again next week when the petrol light comes on again!

I hate having to petrol in when people are being idiots and panic buying- I don't want anyone to think I am one of them!

I think the government have done this on purpose. By getting the public to panic, they have put extra pressure on the unions not to strike, and have made the unions the bad guys in all this. If the unions do strike now, we will hate them, and the government will be right....or maybe I'm giving the government too much credit, and they are just idiots. :roll:

Filling you car's tank to the brim is false economy. Your car has to carry all that extra weight which takes more fuel.

You should only fill to 3 quarters (unless I suppose you actually need a full tank to get anywhere in one go (but then you can always stick some more in down the road))

I have a quarter of a tank and don't usually stick any more in until today. Might not bother for a few days. I really can't be arsed to sit in those f**king massive queues.

A lot of forecourts were empty round here yesterday.

Filling you car's tank to the brim is false economy. Your car has to carry all that extra weight which takes more fuel.

You should only fill to 3 quarters (unless I suppose you actually need a full tank to get anywhere in one go (but then you can always stick some more in down the road))

I have a quarter of a tank and don't usually stick any more in until today. Might not bother for a few days. I really can't be arsed to sit in those f**king massive queues.

A lot of forecourts were empty round here yesterday.

I would say this depends on how much you think your is worth. I would much rather have as long as possible between petrol station visits (even if it means my mpg is slightly worse for a little while).

There is no ****ing crisis, the government have led the sheep up the garden path. Is it blind leading the blind or the loonies in charge of the asylum?

I'm going to carry on as normal. According to my petrol gauge I've got half a tank (which means about 1/3 of a tank in reality) which will get me home tonight, Reading and back tomorrow and at least to Guildford on Sunday. I pass the cheapest petrol station for miles around on Saturday so I was planning on filling up there on the way to or from but if it's queueing then I'm not. I expect the queues to be shorter by tomorrow as all the sheep will have spent all yesterday and today queueing.

Maybe if the tankers do announce a strike I'll consider changing my plans but until then I'm just going to sit and laugh at the sheep.

The unions have destroyed everything that was once driving our economy.

They should be shot for treason.

Said by a lone workman that is not propected by solidarity of his fellow workers.

The government have said "We will cut your pension and reduce your working conditions" :shock:

The tanker drivers have basically said, "ok you do that we will cut our output" = stop working for the odd day here and there.

Or the whole country can take wage cuts, job losses and work in worse conditions.

Before you all Start to blame the uninons remember the working conditions and practices that people used to work in, which caused people to stick together and stand up for themselves. We wouldn't want to go back to those days would we.

You only have to look at the working conditions and safety records of other countries that have no unions.

Stick together or get walked all over.

BTW they are shooting people in Syria for sticking up for their rights. Do we want that here.

:roll: (shoot them for treason)

Totally agree with TC!!

I filled up on Wednesday cos I was nearly empty and I need to visit my Dad in Norfolk on Tuseday.

Rennie filled his car this morning so he can get to work next week and he filled the campervan so that we can get away this weekend.

Not panic buying, just the fuel that we need.

Asda ran out yesterday and there are enormous queues there today :roll:

Personally I approve of anything that lessens the chance of these idiotic cretins getting back into power. Of course, since AV was voted against by the population, hard to see how things would be very much better under the other lot in this two ass race. Starting to think the majority of this country deserve everything they get.

I would have had no trouble near home but nearly all petrol stations out on way to keighley.

As for unions time they moved into the 21st century.

if it gets too bad and your desperate head over to the Jet garage in Bingley, I'll let you have some of our hidden supplies!

but isn't it always the same mentality whenever the press announce anything that might inconvenience us - the press are experts at whipping up a frenzy over the most mundane things which the great British public never fail to live up to, and the rest of the world laugh their heads off :roll: :roll:

being without fuel isn't exactly mundane as most of us rely on it to go about our daily business, but why had it even been mentioned when a strike date hadn't even been set and now may not even happen??? I'm rather cynical about the reasons!

I do hate the fact that people like the tanker drivers have the power to hold the country to ransome for their cause - if it was about working conditions then if the government agree to resolve these the same should apply to all other HGV drivers who no doubt have the same issues but not the ability to have such an effect.

It's a PITA for me as it's 10 miles to my nearest garage and if that didn't have any I'd prob have to do a 25 mile round trip to find some, but my inconveniences are nothing to some others! I've been going out on my bike instead :D

People are like lemmings :|

Some services on the motorway were running low so I went from London to my parents in Manchester at the weekend by the back road... I filled up in an empty total garage in the middle of no where :lol:

Best 2 rides I have ever had going there and back, I will be doing that again as a result :wink:

Least the threat of a strike did me good!

I feel bad for their conditions but for the rest of us who have had frozen pay rates we have to keep going and then suffer the results of the ones that can strike. So its fair for me to get more annoyed for one group to worsen a bad situation. But I see why they strike as the union gives them a voice though it is one that isnt heard :?

There isn't going to be a fuel crisis. Mr Cameron has already made a right cock of himself, he's created a semi-crisis by having officials publicly tell people to brim their vehicles and "fill jerry cans" when there is no shortage, no strike plans, just a few grumbles from the union. To me this suggests he's either a) totally incompetent or b) trying to manipulate the public for some reason. Either answer is pretty terrifying.

I'd like to think that the good people of Great Britain are smart enough to realise what a giant dildo our collective government has been, and I bet Cameron knows damn well that another 'fuel crisis' caused by either strike action or hysteria would be political suicide. He wont let it happen, but if it does happen, I'll get some popcorn and a beer to watch DC's snotty little lizard/toddler face get egged on live TV! :cheers: