Which helmet to buy?

My Roof boxer lid, one of the clips has snapped and cant see anyway of fixing it, so new helmet time..

A mate has this rare Arai brand new, never worn, Colin Edwards Arai RX7, and will give it me for £200.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attachments/gear-sale/143182d1196038273-arai-rx7-rr4-colin-edwards-replica-edwardsrx7-002k.jpg

Have also seen and liked the AGV Lion for a while, and can pick this up for £125.

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/g/agvk4lion01_4_3.jpg

I dont know which one to go for.. something tells me the Arai is better, but theres just something about it that i dont like in the flesh...

The AGV looks great in the flesh, but maybe al ittle cheesy.

Obviously the AGV is considerably cheaper too..

Opinions / Answers on a postcard please.

Of course mate, they both fit the same really... the Arai if anything a little tight.

Both are a medium, and i certainly dont have a large head lol.

The colin edwards one is nice... it just, i dont know, it looks a bit cheap in person... and i worry id be spending extra just because its an Arai...

Whereas i like the AGV but does it look cheap.... decisions decisions

AGV can look and feel cheap but they are far from it I had one a few years back and it was tried and tested

it saved my head and stood up really well in a crash

the side of the helmet went full on in to a tree and made a right mess of it but i didnt feel a thing!

personally I would go for the Arai

I have a arai chaser dean thomas rep and I love it i dont get no wind buffeting like I did with other lids and the AGV i had was really noisy compared to it

the AGV is a good price though but you are getting a bargain with the Arai

My avg was tight when i bought it, 2 years later and i can now twist it left and right without moving my head. they is also loads of other things about it which i hate and it wasnt cheap at £230.

I now have a shoei which is awesome.

I would get whichever is the best fitting, you say the arai is a little tighter so i would go with that as the foam will give way.

Plus i think its the better looking out of the 2.

I would get whichever is the best fitting, you say the arai is a little tighter so i would go with that as the foam will give way.

dont be too sure

my Arai fits as it did 3 years ago when I bought it :shock: unlike other helmets I have owned

Both are good well known makes......so it really comes down to you....which is the most comfortable as if a lid is too tight it could give you a headache on a long run......but then you don't want it loose either..... :wink:

i know, i dunno which one to have.. ill sleep on it i think... i only do an 8 mile each way commute when i use the bike, and the fastest i get up to is probably 60... so wind noise not too much of an issue.

Will have a think over night

On your head be it then...........that was my attempt at a joke..... :lol:

Lids are really one of those things that you just know when you put it on that it's the right one........ 8-) My Bell lid is easily the best lid I've ever worn.....a bit noisy, but comfortable and light and well ventilated......and SHARP 5* rated.... 8-)

Haha i got it!

The thing is, i was gonna buy the Arai js becaust tis an arai, not because i like it... which is wrong.

The AGV is a great looking lid (IMO obviously) and at nearly half the price, i couldnt resist.

I'd go for AGV as its newer and also cas you can get correct size, looks good to me, either helmet will do its job at the end of the name regardless of what name is stamped on it, how old is the Arai? as helmets do have shelf lives worn or not..