Front sprocket nut removal.

mattycoops43

Trying to change chain and sprockets on the divvy 600, basically the front sprocket nut is totally solid. I have tried heat, then a breaker bar on it but it's not budging. Anything else to try?

are all Yamaha bikes from the 90's going to have the same nut? would cut it off, but can't find one listed on ebay or wemoto, but plenty of fzr etc.

Any suggestions appreciated

Matt

Trying to change chain and sprockets on the divvy 600, basically the front sprocket nut is totally solid. I have tried heat, then a breaker bar on it but it's not budging. Anything else to try?

are all Yamaha bikes from the 90's going to have the same nut? would cut it off, but can't find one listed on ebay or wemoto, but plenty of fzr etc.

Any suggestions appreciated

Matt

Is it reverse thread?

I wouldn't have thought so, normal thread would tighten on forward motion for safety, not loosen, no mention of it in haynes manual either.

Realised that after I posted. Impact drive it to death! :twisted:

While I agree to a certain extent, anything big enough to require that much force, shouldn't snap. I would be worried a a front sprocket shaft could snap!

Anyway, Thanks for the advice guys, I got a proper torque socket and a bit of wood through the back wheel, applied some heat to the nut and off it came!

Just going to do fork seals tomorrow morning, and then ready for an mot!

Matt