Oh dear, failed MOD1 again

This morning didn't start off too well with the bad rain, combined with me getting lost+rush hour traffic on the way to the test center and turning up a few mins late....

- Somehow got a minor fault for going around the last slalom cone while doing fig-8

- Locked back wheel on emergency stop :oops: (50:50 for wet stopping right?)

oh well, didnt think I would pass when I arrived, better luck next time eh?

I failed Mod 1 3 times for locking the back brake (having never locked it before on any of my many mod 1 lessons!), on my 4th attempt I didn't use the back brake at all, no locked wheel- pass!

Better luck next time :)

I failed Mod 1 3 times for locking the back brake (having never locked it before on any of my many mod 1 lessons!), on my 4th attempt I didn't use the back brake at all, no locked wheel- pass!

that sounds like a bad idea. If the front locks up...

Good luck for next time though

• 3 weeks later...

I locked my back wheel on my mod 1, but released it and got it back under control, just got a minor for it, just food for thought, if it happens again, release.

that sounds like a bad idea. If the front locks up...

Good luck for next time though

I was told before my test (back when there was only one) that you should avoid using the back it locks too easily and one would just be better off using the front. Not sure where the examiner is now, but when they're following they can't tell if you're using it or not.

I was told use a little back brake, because of the weight transfer onto the front end -helps to steady the bike apparently. Just lightly press rather than stamp on it.

Well I managed to pass it at the next go :booty:

Some minors but I think he was being picky... it was chucking it down + windy and I was advised, not to be too agressive with breaking this time for the emergancy stop. Got a minor for not stopping at the examiner's 'perfect' line (still stoped safely and way before cones). Another minor for not stopping perfectly straight on the swerve... though tbh the instructions were to serve and stop in the box.. no angles given ;)

To build confidence:

I failed Mod 1 3 times, the u turn being my nemesis but passed Mod 2 on first attempt, found it alot easier than the Mod 1. Just ride safe and confident and you'll piss it :)

Well done! When's mod 2?

Today :D Wish me luck (I should actually be getting ready now)

How did you get on?

Apparently im not too good at this marlarkey, failed =(. Kinda agreed with the reason.

Was joining a roundabout, turning left when car was already on it, but since it was in the inside lane, thought it was fine and didnt want 'undue hesitation'. Went, and as I did, the guy on the roundabout decided to swap lanes and straddle both lanes. Anyway I did it safely, but shouda waited, just had my instructor's voice in ma head as ealier he had told me off for waiting at a roundabout when he could see all the cars were indicating to come off before me.. :(

Hardly any minors, so better luck next time i guess