accident after only 2 moths after passing a cbt

Guest bluehawk

it their any peneties for having a crash after only 2 months on the road . my lad hit a car bumber and wanting £500 cash for repairs . hhhhmmmmm . wondering if he should go through his insurance are will there be a problem with this.

His insurance will go up if it is deemed to be his fault. Legally you are meant to tell the insurance about any incident, but we all know about that one. If both parties can come to an agreement outside that then it can be better all round

If you can sort it outside insurance the other party will be interested as well as their insurance will go up if they have an incident regardless who's fault it is

(Me? Bitter?)

so let me get this straight

your lad hit a bumper and the owner wants £500 in cash for repairs?

I smell something fishy I would make sure he is insured taxed MOTed and had a licence first as something doesn't seem right

He wants £500..........seems dodgy that for a bumper.....though cash deal he see's it as doing you a favour. but as above check he is legally allowed on the road.

Unless it was something like a fancy car he hit and it fully requires a new bumper £500 seems expensive.

Depends on the car and the damage, 500 notes for a brand new bumper fitted and sprayed on a modern car isn't excessive. However on a 15 year old car with a pattern or second hand bumper with a cheap blow over that is excessive. Body work thru a proper body shop can be expensive. If the damage is slight chances are the owner will pocket the cash and live with the damage. Best bet is to get your own quotes and pay for repairs if the owner will agree if the price is reasonable for you. Or take the insurance hit as a lesson learnt.