bridgestone bt023

techno

Well now ive give them a real good go in all conditions I have to say i am mightily impressed with these tyres, they were perfectly grippy even before the so called 100 mile scrub in, they were sure footed in the wet both on normal roads and at ahem motorway speeds and last weekend i went out in the blazing summer we just had and got more lean and grip from these than the previous michellins, however that would have to be expected as they were bog standard pilot roads and £50 a pair cheaper.

However any talk of tramming from bridgestones has not surfaced and they have been ridden quick :wink: on all sorts of road surfaces including rural unclassifed roads and i have had zero problems, having run 2ct's before i would class these as a fine alternative (providing the longevity is there) and when I come to renew my tyres if I still can make a saving by running these I will not hesitate to put them on again.

the cost was £220 fitted( bridgestone offering free fitting)

Now lets see how long they last!

• 2 weeks later...

i considered these tyres before getting the pilot road 3's, but wasn't that impressed with the bt012s that i had on my hornet. But then again, i think the bt012s were more a road race tyre, so long life isn't their main purpose. Glad to hear good things about the bt023s!

are they classed as a sport tourer tyre techno?

i considered these tyres before getting the pilot road 3's, but wasn't that impressed with the bt012s that i had on my hornet. But then again, i think the bt012s were more a road race tyre, so long life isn't their main purpose. Glad to hear good things about the bt023s!

are they classed as a sport tourer tyre techno?

Yes they actually say sport touring on the tyre itself.

I've just fitted the 23's on my bike. Went for a wee trip around France and Belgium and had a rear tyre blow out so got these fitted as replacements, managed to get 7,000 miles out of my old Avon storm II so will hopefully get similar miles from the bridgstones

• 9 months later...

Techno I totally agree with you. I was running Michelin pilot 2cts on my bike and found them a lot less grippy. I also found that getting them up toa decent temperature was a hard job. I am now running the Bridgestones and am bloody well impressed. Grippy and "responsive. Not had them in the wet yet but we'll see. (The a bridgerstone fronta tyre is a very good tyre. VR fastest")

Bt023 you may be suprised to hear is the tyre choice of Ron haslams race school. On both the blade and the 600rr. Just had a set put on the r6 so will see how they go although I'm not harsh on tyres my michellin power 2ct's had done nearly 6k and still have another 1500 left in the rear.

my michellin power 2ct's had done nearly 6k and still have another 1500 left in the rear.

:shock: :shock:

I can only dream of that! 4000 miles if I'm lucky on my pilot power 2ct's :?

my michellin power 2ct's had done nearly 6k and still have another 1500 left in the rear.

:shock: :shock:

I can only dream of that! 4000 miles if I'm lucky on my pilot power 2ct's :?

Only swapped em due to an offer on the Bridgestone's and I won't get round the Europe trip on them lol

yeah I have that problem at the min I have about 1k left in mine but that would be pushing them to the max and I'm not off to germany on the tyres as they are rather strict across there :lol:

might have to check out these bt023's

Not sure why you posted that as it's nothing to do with the tyre in question, the bt023's have now been replaced not sure what I did on them the was a little life left but as stu said Germany soon so got them changed as mot next week. Now back to Michelin but only due to slightly lower price if the bridgestones would have been the same they'd have gone back on. Pilot road 2's turn.

Not about that particular tyre....

Apparently Bridgestone have a problem with their tyres being used in very cold weather.

Not a problem to some on here. :lol:

If you actually read the posts in the link you'd see he was running a rear tyre reversed and on the front on a bike weighing nearly twice the recommended amount.

Anyway ive been running 023's for a while and they are fantastic tyres, they've done 6k miles including 2 trackdays and still have a good few k left in them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had these on a 2003 Triumph Trophy 1200 for European touring.

I had 2 sets in a row, covered many thousands of miles on them and they had fantastic grip in all weathers, they were long lasting and when you compare them to other similar tyres in this category......well, there is no comparison in my opinion!

I had 023s fitted to my ZZR 1400, and they were brilliant tyres, far better tyres than the original 014s which it was supplied with.

I pushed the ZZR very very hard a few times and although the suspension showed its weak spots, the tyres were faultless.

I have also fitted them to my YZF 750, they just felt familiar instantly, really suit the bike.

I believe you can also get an 023GT front for the likes of the ZZR1400and Hyabusa, these have a stiffer side wall.

• 2 months later...
I had 023s fitted to my ZZR 1400

I believe you can also get an 023GT front for the likes of the ZZR1400and Hyabusa, these have a stiffer side wall.

Gord would the stiffer wall mean less grippy ? also just wanted to know if there was any reason you went for the 023s as opposed to the 023GTs ? Cheers, my busa came with 020s & having recently ridden on 023s on the bandit I can really feel a less trustworthy front in the wet.

Done some searching,,

http://www.visordown.com/reviews/kit/ty ... /5163.html

" Swapping to a chunky BMW R1200RT the 023 remained as impressive. Bridgestone have created a GT spec 023 for heavier bikes which has a softer construction to allow the tyre to absorb come of the road’s bumps giving the bike’s suspension, not to mention the rider, an easier time. While the wet weather grip was equally as apparent as on the sportier bike the BMW’s front end seemed noticeable more secure over cat’s eyes and undulations, giving a confidence inspiring ride and certainly a step up on the out going model 021 tyre."

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ridden 500miles on mine now and I'm really, really impressed.

After a fast rideout on Sunday, (ambient temp around 16 degrees C), the rear was REALLY warm. These feel so sticky and after seeing a review on youtube with a racer saying they perform like a sports tyre, I can personally concur with that. They won't turn in sharp on a corner but will allow you to steer as much or as little as you like.